New Everton Stadium

They're based in London. Totally different scenario with day trippers.

And they're not even filling it, those attendance figures will include the empty seats which are 'season tickets' which were bought because the prices were so low. That and they give loads of tickets away every week. They've got 52000 season ticket holders but many don't bother showing up.

If you watch them on TV there's an embarrassing number of empty seats.

They also have that abomination of the plus one scheme which means they have a sgedload of none west ham fanscgoing a lot of home ganescwho support other teams... hence why their having boat loads of trouble at games.

Would rather spend the money than have a compromised stadium design, if that's what this means. We are spending a ton of money. Let's do this right and build a football stadium with maximum intimidation factor.

So would Moshiri I reckon. I don't think he has any interest whatsoever in a multi-purpose stadium. I'm sure Joe Anderson does, but I'd be gobsmacked if anyone associated with Everton thought that. When we were skint, yeah I could see it. Not now.

Don't forget the stage where they get all pally and patronising, wishing us well in our new stadium to try and make it seem like we're an irrelevance to them. Desperate stuff.
That'll be whilst they're still seething underneath and praying to the altar of King Kenny every night that the Planning gets sacked off.

Once passed they'll revert to plain old bitter

This so-called announcement on Thursday will not make this move a 'sure thing'.

I mean, so many things can (and usually do) go wrong before building actually starts. There are so many instances of this happening with clubs building new grounds... Just sit and think for a minute of the clubs that have had ground moves fall through for whatever reasons?

A wise betting man would not take even money odds that Bramley Moore will happen.

Sorry for the negativity, I would give my life for BM. But Evertonians are currently acting like the cement mixer lorries are all lined up along the Dock Road.

History tells us that almost every club in the Prem has had new stadium plans fall through. We've had two of our own in recent years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back