New Everton Stadium

Er ... no mate... it wouldn't be fine.
Meis has been saying how Bramley Moore is one of the best sites he had to work with. He also said he wanted to set the standard for football grounds for generations to come.
He's not gonna do that by plonking a box at the end of Peels development costing billions of pounds so long as it looks 'nice' inside. This is the real world. What's the point in hiring a bloke like Meis 'the rule breaker' if he's going to give us a bland box shape. This is going to be seen by the world on this great waterfront. That's not going to be much of an advert for his design skills.

A much maligned, but good and trusted friend of mine, late of this parish, has made this point many times. A box it will not be.

A much maligned, but good and trusted friend of mine, late of this parish, has made this point many times. A box it will not be.

A most valued member of the flock. God bless him.

Titus 1:9
He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

They can keep their Liver birds - they're on the Liver building anyway. We've got tower, the badge, Leitch, Dixie, The Holy Trinity......to name but a few. Plenty of history that can be incorporated into the design of the new gaff.

Could we ask Anderson to throw in the UK copyright as part of the £4m we give the city each year then we could counter-sue THEM for using our trademark in the U.K.

Yeah we lose out on the Scandinavian market but we can't have it all!

Our first league winners medal:

image.webp

And now the Mersey too.

I don't understand the obsession with incorporating the Liver Bird, the badge or The tower from the badge in the stadium design.
You don't see a giant cockerel or whatever it is in the design of the new Spurs stadium, or a giant blue dragon in Chelsea's new plans. Do you see giant cannons on the roof of the Emirates?
The only place I can think of where this type of thing was done was the fake castle towers at West Ham's old ground, and the result.
Totally Naff...
For example, if we had a giant St Rupert's Tower in one corner it could easily look like some sort of Hogwarts pastiche.

No we need to trust Dan to come up with something very special and iconic.

I don't understand the obsession with incorporating the Liver Bird, the badge or The tower from the badge in the stadium design.
You don't see a giant cockerel or whatever it is in the design of the new Spurs stadium, or a giant blue dragon in Chelsea's new plans. Do you see giant cannons on the roof of the Emirates?
The only place I can think of where this type of thing was done was the fake castle towers at West Ham's old ground, and the result.
Totally Naff...
For example, if we had a giant St Rupert's Tower in one corner it could easily look like some sort of Hogwarts pastiche.

No we need to trust Dan to come up with something very special and iconic.
I dunno I've seen a few giant cockerils at white Hart lane....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back