New Everton Stadium

Bit off topic but how much did Stoke get for their stadium naming rights last year?

Their owner owns bet365 too so is more minted than Moshiri but doubt theyd get away with it being "extortionate" as stoke are terrible and its an already existing ground with not that many suitors?

Reckon whatever the got we should be looking for roughly double

Bit off topic but how much did Stoke get for their stadium naming rights last year?

Their owner owns bet365 too so is more minted than Moshiri but doubt theyd get away with it being "extortionate" as stoke are terrible and its an already existing ground with not that many suitors?

Reckon whatever the got we should be looking for roughly double

I dunno but i didnt even know it was called that until this year, i wonder if they are going to throw some money into the club, im sure I read they are increasing the capacity there this summer

I dunno but i didnt even know it was called that until this year, i wonder if they are going to throw some money into the club, im sure I read they are increasing the capacity there this summer

From what I read from here:
http://mobile.stokecityfc.com/news/article/stoke-city-bet365-stadium-naming-rights-3072250.aspx

STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the Britannia Stadium is to be known as the bet365 Stadium from the start of the 2016/17 Premier League season.
The Potters have entered into an initial six-year stadium naming rights agreement with the Club’s owners bet365, who have also extended their shirt sponsorship of the Potters for a further three years.

In addition, the Club have also announced plans to redevelop the stadium by 'filling in' the corner between the DPD and Marston's Pedigree Stands, thereby creating an extra 1,800 seats and lifting the capacity to 30,000. The work will be completed in time for the start of the 2017/18 season.

Capacity increase and 6 year deal, doesn't say for how much though

The problem with varying stadium (sponsor) names is that after a while, it gets confusing. Different Generations will recall a name that they were used to & that only increases over the years. Eventually, it can get too much for some & it's referred to as its original name.

Case in point, Docklands Stadium in Melbourne. Once known as Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, and currently Etihad Stadium. Most just call it Docklands now.

This means that the naming rights, over time, will diminish in value...IMHO...Stoke FC may be delighted, but it'll still be the Britannia won't it?

What time is the cabinet meeting today with the council?

Also, Koeman usually does his press conference 2 days before the game.. not usually day before, plus the fact it's Friday.. could we be in for some news/designs??

I have been thinking about naming rights and the desire to get a massive company. Surely one of the biggest is Apple? This would also have the added benefit of being able to call the stadium the Bramley Apple Stadium.....sorry about that, but genuinely Apple would be an awesome sponsor

I don't understand the obsession with incorporating the Liver Bird, the badge or The tower from the badge in the stadium design.
You don't see a giant cockerel or whatever it is in the design of the new Spurs stadium, or a giant blue dragon in Chelsea's new plans. Do you see giant cannons on the roof of the Emirates?
The only place I can think of where this type of thing was done was the fake castle towers at West Ham's old ground, and the result.
Totally Naff...
For example, if we had a giant St Rupert's Tower in one corner it could easily look like some sort of Hogwarts pastiche.
No we need to trust Dan to come up with something very special and iconic.

Can't agree more with this. A new, iconic design will become immersed in Evertonia almost immediately due to its importance and it's right that we look forwards not back.

It doesn't mean we're ditching the tower, of course we're not, but it's place is on the badge not on stadium blueprints. As for the liver bird it's very divisive but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something on site just as a nod to that history, but nothing more than that.

In terms of Everton stadiums there is only really one piece of iconography that springs to mind and I'm sure it can be reproduced somewhere within BMD, and that is Leitch's ironwork. Every Goodison Giant has been pictured in action with it in the background and I'm certain Meis will use it.

I have been thinking about naming rights and the desire to get a massive company. Surely one of the biggest is Apple? This would also have the added benefit of being able to call the stadium the Bramley Apple Stadium.....sorry about that, but genuinely Apple would be an awesome sponsor
Oh mate..... just spilt my tea all over the place.... classic!!! Best post ever!:)

The problem with varying stadium (sponsor) names is that after a while, it gets confusing. Different Generations will recall a name that they were used to & that only increases over the years. Eventually, it can get too much for some & it's referred to as its original name.

Case in point, Docklands Stadium in Melbourne. Once known as Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, and currently Etihad Stadium. Most just call it Docklands now.

This means that the naming rights, over time, will diminish in value...IMHO...Stoke FC may be delighted, but it'll still be the Britannia won't it?

The match going public in England pales into comparison with worldwide viewing figures though and the media will be contractually bound to use the correct names of stadia.

I do get your point though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back