New Everton Stadium

To be fair I don't believe esk said anything was a guarantee, he also didn't mind people questioning him, however some went overboard with their comments on many occasions.
I don't disagree that it always came from a good place. My comment about living in 1985 comes from the impression I got that he thought all theses players really wanted to come to Everton, when in reality they were probably using us to agree better deals elsewhere.

I also agree that he was open to question or fair criticism. The problem is the number of other posters who wouldnt take well to Esk being questioned.

Because he passed on info in good faith, and some bozos took great delight in ridiculing him if his stuff didnt materialise.

He has also been bang on the money on other stuff, which is conveniently glossed over by said bozos. I appreciate that in the internet world, it is dead easy to jump on folk you dont actually know, but I know him. Pretty well. Every thing he posted was sourced.

Some didnt happen.

sorry, even if you did know him, he got nothing right. He built up a whole fan base to be knocked when it all went tits up. He loved people hanging on to his every word. He does real informative stuff on Evertons finances and other stuff......but as an ITK....not a chance. I'd have got more right making it all up.

Because he passed on info in good faith, and some bozos took great delight in ridiculing him if his stuff didnt materialise.

He has also been bang on the money on other stuff, which is conveniently glossed over by said bozos. I appreciate that in the internet world, it is dead easy to jump on folk you dont actually know, but I know him. Pretty well. Every thing he posted was sourced.

Some didnt happen.
Must admit I don't understand the pasting he took , all seemed a bit gratuitous and down right mean.

sorry, even if you did know him, he got nothing right. He built up a whole fan base to be knocked when it all went tits up. He loved people hanging on to his every word. He does real informative stuff on Evertons finances and other stuff......but as an ITK....not a chance. I'd have got more right making it all up.

I never got that impression of him my son. Just seemed like a genuine guy and a passionate Evertonian. Yes, some of his info didn't come to fruition but no one is right all of the time.

John 8:7
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

The fact that a moderator slags me off for only being on here a year, calls me clueless, and says I haven't got the foggiest, just because I said something about Esk that he took to be negative, says a lot.

The fact that a moderator slags me off for only being on here a year, calls me clueless, and says I haven't got the foggiest, just because I said something about Esk that he took to be negative, says a lot.

No, I said you, or inferred that you have, no idea who Esk is, nor what he has contributed to this site. But wade in and slam him for his info.

Hence, clueless.

The Esk called Bramley Moore when everyone was thinking it would be in Central Docks I seem to remember, that's a big call seen as that area would've never crossed most people's minds.
He got plenty right.

He overstated the likelihood of certain things, but it's just daft to say he was making it up.

I think a few people got upset that he started getting more attention than them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back