New Everton Stadium

Right. Get ye now. I'm guessing we all have a million and one ideas of what the ground will look, and most importantly, feel like, yet that monster Meis keeps us waiting. I was told 12 mths ago that he (Moshiri) would build us a stadium on the waterfront and he would deliver an iconic world class home for us.

I had my doubts. Many of them.
Everything is now falling into place, piece by piece, and those doubts have long since been removed.

NSNO.

Many feared our motto was but a distant memory. I'm told Moshiri strives to make it relevant again. And soon.
Wonderful stuff.

58k would be a big improvement on 50k, I would take that now if offered.

I accept the point that the possibility to increase capacity should be factored in but I guess that would be 20 years off anyway, at least.

I am not concerned about the design, Meis will see to that.

The main thing is that initial capacity is enough to drive money-making potential and that we have an intimidating, yet modern home, with 4 stands for multi-purpose use.

Momentum will be half the battle in getting this built. I am confident Moshiri has the funding taken care of (again, as with design, the end justifies the means), I think we are in very good hands to get it done.

Totally agree, i know people quote figures of our massive attendances of yesteryear but we would need a good few years of success before we can be expecting 60k sellouts every game. Football isn't really like that anymore, kids these days are growing up and choosing to support your man cities and chelseas, a bit how people would probably have grown up and started supporting us, but success has to start for that be happening, in my opinion.

How can it have a big nod to Goodison?
Other than the Bullens' bracing, huge columns blocking views or whacking a Church in the corner, I can't think what can be incorporated into a new stadium from it.
I don't see Goodison like that... she's beautiful for all her faults but I think you will see the Archie Leach crossed bracing either inside or part of the outside roof support.

Right. Get ye now. I'm guessing we all have a million and one ideas of what the ground will look, and most importantly, feel like, yet that monster Meis keeps us waiting. I was told 12 mths ago that he (Moshiri) would build us a stadium on the waterfront and he would deliver an iconic world class home for us.

I had my doubts. Many of them.
Everything is now falling into place, piece by piece, and those doubts have long since been removed.

NSNO.

Many feared our motto was but a distant memory. I'm told Moshiri strives to make it relevant again. And soon.
Just lovin that lad... well in!!;)

I cant wait....

EFC_panorama.webp

Totally agree, i know people quote figures of our massive attendances of yesteryear but we would need a good few years of success before we can be expecting 60k sellouts every game. Football isn't really like that anymore, kids these days are growing up and choosing to support your man cities and chelseas, a bit how people would probably have grown up and started supporting us, but success has to start for that be happening, in my opinion.

We would easily get 60,000 every game. Even if it meant selling a few thousand tickets cheap to make sure. I don't know where you live but Merseyside with a population of 1.5 million has huge potential support for EFC. Never heard of any kids around here supporting Chelsea or Man City.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back