New Everton Stadium

If that's all you think of when you think of Goodison then maybe you're supporting the wrong team.
I'm not saying it doesn't create an atmosphere, I'm thinking of it from an architectural point of view.

Other than Archibald Leach's signature bracing on the Bullens, the rest doesn't stand out.

The Main Stand and the Park End are both terrible stands that were done on the cheap. From what I've seen of old pictures, the old Goodison Road End looked a lot better.

they honestly haven't been given a thought in my process of a new stadium nor have they regarding our club and why should they. There's some very sad individuals there if they would actually feel pain at the sight of a 6 instead of a 5. They'll be hurting because of the stadium no matter what.
Don't know too many of 'em then no?

I'm not saying it doesn't create an atmosphere, I'm thinking of it from an architectural point of view.

Other than Archibald Leach's signature bracing on the Bullens, the rest doesn't stand out.

The Main Stand and the Park End are both terrible stands that were done on the cheap. From what I've seen of old pictures, the old Goodison Road End looked a lot better.
Right. Get ye now. I'm guessing we all have a million and one ideas of what the ground will look, and most importantly, feel like, yet that monster Meis keeps us waiting. I was told 12 mths ago that he (Moshiri) would build us a stadium on the waterfront and he would deliver an iconic world class home for us.

I had my doubts. Many of them.
Everything is now falling into place, piece by piece, and those doubts have long since been removed.

NSNO.

Many feared our motto was but a distant memory. I'm told Moshiri strives to make it relevant again. And soon.

have to have EFC painted on the seats!

58k would be a big improvement on 50k, I would take that now if offered.

I accept the point that the possibility to increase capacity should be factored in but I guess that would be 20 years off anyway, at least.

I am not concerned about the design, Meis will see to that.

The main thing is that initial capacity is enough to drive money-making potential and that we have an intimidating, yet modern home, with 4 stands for multi-purpose use.

Momentum will be half the battle in getting this built. I am confident Moshiri has the funding taken care of (again, as with design, the end justifies the means), I think we are in very good hands to get it done.

I think what gives Goodison it's atmosphere, is being situated in the middle of narrow streets and the park.

It must be intimidating for away fans coming.

Now we're moving up in the world to a fancy location in a world heritage site on the waterfront.

I think what gives Goodison it's atmosphere, is being situated in the middle of narrow streets and the park.

It must be intimidating for away fans coming.

Now we're moving up in the world to a fancy location in a world heritage site on the waterfront.
Visiting players and fans are going to love it, that can work against us, Southampton and The Dell being a good example. A full on dump that was worth a good few points a season.
Despite how quite the fans are at Goodison, it is still intimidating, Bramley Moore with a crowd of Evertonians who "Only sing when we're winning" isn't going to intimidate at all no matter what Dan Meis designs.

Visiting players and fans are going to love it, that can work against us, Southampton and The Dell being a good example. A full on dump that was worth a good few points a season.
Despite how quite the fans are at Goodison, it is still intimidating, Bramley Moore with a crowd of Evertonians who "Only sing when we're winning" isn't going to intimidate at all no matter what Dan Meis designs.
We can always create a Coronation type set around the ground if that makes you feel better. It's what the team and the fans inside the stadium do which creates the intimidation ... As although l fully understand and appreciate the points you make. GP was/is not happy 'hunting ground' for away fans:whip:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back