New Everton Stadium

[
What??? I haven't a clue what your referring too about Stadium porkies... and Whistlin'lad...perhaps you think I'm an old poster who has joined under a different name... no my 'Friend' I did only join a month ago but I've been an Evertonian all of my life which is gauging by your hilarious repartee is considerably longer than you.. so if it matters to you I've only been on the forum 1 month. You won't mind me telling you my length of support. We're all Evertonians here lad no mater how long we've been posting or is there an unwritten clique rule that our opinions don't count..... my 'Friend'...

What's a clique got to do with the stadium mate?

Unusual word that.

The original design of that stadium isn't the point though. They built a raised platform to accommodate a track.

There's no reason that same principle couldn't be used, albeit with a higher platform to give a wide enough circumference.

If the stadium design were to be compromised in order to facilitate a track, then I doubt many would be behind it, including Moshiri, as it would contradict Meis's brief, which was all about atmosphere.

There isn't a square football stadium anywhere that has accomodated an athletics track. The area is too big. Stick a track in the Emirates and you'd be left with about 5 rows above it and maybe the exits underneat it. It has never, and will never work unless the stadium is oval shaped to begin with.

As I say, Birmingham will get the Commonwealth games as they already have an athletics stadium, and the NIA has hosted lots of big sporting events over the years, but it is a worry the naivety of Joe Anderson thinking you can just plonk an athletics stadium inside a football ground for a summer. It would totally change the stadium design. We want concrete stands, starting as close to the pitch as possible to create atmosphere. If we had to build a ground to allow a running track you would need retractable seating for the first 20 rows of seats.

My thoughts too. It's bravado, Birmingham will get the games and EFC will continue as we were.

There isn't a square football stadium anywhere that has accomodated an athletics track. The area is too big. Stick a track in the Emirates and you'd be left with about 5 rows above it and maybe the exits underneat it. It has never, and will never work unless the stadium is oval shaped to begin with.

My thoughts too. It's bravado, Birmingham will get the games and EFC will continue as we were.
I'll bow to your better knowledge mate, and I hope you're right about Brum.

You know what, I reckon he might do. You'd want to know where the biggest collection of your customer base (and in business terms that's what we are) congregate away from the match day and the general mood.

I don't think we could have got seriously started on on the Docks build no, but the signings and the debt yes - we'd have sold players (like we did with Stones).

What we DEFINITELY wouldn't have had was the training ground sponsorship

Where would the £80m have come from to write off the secured debt and improve the balance sheet in order to enable us to even think about realistically moving, without the arrival of Moshiri?

You know what, I reckon he might do. You'd want to know where the biggest collection of your customer base (and in business terms that's what we are) congregate away from the match day and the general mood.

I don't think we could have got seriously started on on the Docks build no, but the signings and the debt yes - we'd have sold players (like we did with Stones).

What we DEFINITELY wouldn't have had was the training ground sponsorship
So without Moshiri, you believe, we could've cleared the debt, afforded to pay compo for Walsh, Martinez and Koeman. Actually lured Koeman and Walsh also?

Last edited:
Yes, they did. And here's what it looks like without the track...

hampden2.jpg

...boss isn't it?
The Etihad looks boss tho.

The Etihad looks boss tho.

Matter of opinion but I think the Etihad looks pretty dull.

Anyway, if we went down that route we could have:
a) A raised track with a 3 sided permanent structure. The last end stand would have to be completed afterwards. Possible capacity issues.
b) Mirror what happened there and have 3 unfinished stands plus a temporary end stand. Afer the games complete the bits that have been unfinished. We'd have serious capacity issues with this one.

A track just doesn't match with our requirements whatsoever unless someone is willing to pump another few hundred million in and give us moveable stands.

What??? I haven't a clue what your referring too about Stadium porkies... and Whistlin'lad...perhaps you think I'm an old poster who has joined under a different name... no my 'Friend' I did only join a month ago but I've been an Evertonian all of my life which is gauging by your hilarious repartee is considerably longer than you.. so if it matters to you I've only been on the forum 1 month. You won't mind me telling you my length of support. We're all Evertonians here lad no mater how long we've been posting or is there an unwritten clique rule that our opinions don't count..... my 'Friend'...

Don't let him get to you. He is a long time poster and that makes him think he can lord it over less regular posters........I think it's a flexing of muscles thing (I got more posts than you so my post is more important type of inferiority complex) like they say a car is an extension of your penis thing.

i dont care about esks projections, moshiri is actually doing stuff for a return on his investment, kenwright done nothing except get in bed with the ultra dodgy philip green to make massive returns from the thing he supposedly loves.

Other than taking us from constant relegation battles under DJ Spuddles and Big Cliff to constant European contenders?

There is that...

He already knows that Ian, he was banned on another account.

The stadium may well have a running track, who knows? But Moshiri isn't about to throw it all in because of some forum posts.
Listen lad... I'm not this person you think I am... I haven't been banned from any forum in the past because this is the first forum I have EVER joined. I have my opinions and you have yours... if you don't agree with mine that's up to you but don't be getting personal with your laughing emoji and you trying to to tell everyone who posts I'm someone else who has rubbed you up the wrong way in the past.
All my posts have been from a hopeful or wishful thinking point of view and not once have I ever claimed to be 'in the know' I love this club and have waited all my life to see us going in this direction and if I express disbelief and angst at people pissing on my bonfire I've every right to say so... being a 1 month old poster or not.

For the number of people that will actually be in attendance to watch the events, it might as well be.

With Bolt, Farah, Ennis-hill etc. all gone and the restriction of budgets after the push for the 2012 Olympics cutting in by then, you are probably right.

They used Hampden because the contour invited a track incorporation. Everton's will also if a track is to be fitted in it.

It is possible without an oval to start with, we would need to dig down afterwards and it would only be a 3 sided arena until after the games. The question is, is it worth it? I would say possibly not unless the council pay a sizeable chunk towards it.

Don't let him get to you. He is a long time poster and that makes him think he can lord it over less regular posters........I think it's a flexing of muscles thing (I got more posts than you so my post is more important type of inferiority complex) like they say a car is an extension of your penis thing.

Oh great! It's turning into a tag match :coffee:
Take it to the ale house lads ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back