New Everton Stadium

Listen lad... I'm not this person you think I am... I haven't been banned from any forum in the past because this is the first forum I have EVER joined. I have my opinions and you have yours... if you don't agree with mine that's up to you but don't be getting personal with your laughing emoji and you trying to to tell everyone who posts I'm someone else who has rubbed you up the wrong way in the past.
All my posts have been from a hopeful or wishful thinking point of view and not once have I ever claimed to be 'in the know' I love this club and have waited all my life to see us going in this direction and if I express disbelief and angst at people pissing on my bonfire I've every right to say so... being a 1 month old poster or not.

Hi mate missed you x

Personally.

Are you planning on a new stadium jacket for the new stadium ?

Don't let him get to you. He is a long time poster and that makes him think he can lord it over less regular posters........I think it's a flexing of muscles thing (I got more posts than you so my post is more important type of inferiority complex) like they say a car is an extension of your penis thing.
Ta Banno lad.... I'll by you a pint if I ever find out who you are..;)

Matter of opinion but I think the Etihad looks pretty dull.

Anyway, if we went down that route we could have:
a) A raised track with a 3 sided permanent structure. The last end stand would have to be completed afterwards. Possible capacity issues.
b) Mirror what happened there and have 3 unfinished stands plus a temporary end stand. Afer the games complete the bits that have been unfinished. We'd have serious capacity issues with this one.

A track just doesn't match with our requirements whatsoever unless someone is willing to pump another few hundred million in and give us moveable stands.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Just wondering what makes you think there would be capacity issues with options a & b?

So without Moshiri, you believe, we could've cleared the debt, afforded to pay compo for Walsh, Martinez and Koeman. Actually lured Koeman and Walsh also?
Just think we could still have Earl et al , The banks clobbering us , still in a very tired looking Goodison with not even a whisper of a new ground . Martinez & Jones sat in the dugout drooling over a midfield of Cleverly , McCarthy & McCarthur.Kone & Niasse leading the line.While we welcome league winners elect Brighton or Newcastle to a half filled ground.

Yep that Moshiri is taking us all for mugs.
How I miss the olden days (n)(n)(n)

The Olympic Stadium was built for athletics though, then converted.

We'll build a football stadium and work in a temporary fix (if it even happens)

A square ground with a round roof. Running track on said roof.

All the seating can be on adjustable poles that can be rotated and then shot up into the air so all the spectators can look down upon the track as team GB come 5th.

Imagine it like a big one of those minty sausage, cheese and pineapple hedgehog things you get at buffets, only the chipolatas, cheese and pineapple are seats and the tin foil ball is the running track.

That could work. Better than Birmingham and its boring traditional brummie bowl idea.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Just wondering what makes you think there would be capacity issues with options a & b?

With a) we'd have 3 finished stands plus the temporary end stand. All theoretical of course but you'd imagine the temporary stand not to be as large as the permanent one that would replace it. Could live with that though I suppose.

With b) there'd be capacity issues as the lower tiers wouldn't actually exist at that point. Note I'm looking at this from the perspective of using the stadium prior to the games. I can't see this scenario happening at all though.

Matter of opinion but I think the Etihad looks pretty dull.

Anyway, if we went down that route we could have:
a) A raised track with a 3 sided permanent structure. The last end stand would have to be completed afterwards. Possible capacity issues.
b) Mirror what happened there and have 3 unfinished stands plus a temporary end stand. Afer the games complete the bits that have been unfinished. We'd have serious capacity issues with this one.

A track just doesn't match with our requirements whatsoever unless someone is willing to pump another few hundred million in and give us moveable stands.
Fwiw i think Brum will get the games.

But as grounds go I cant see any better in the Prem than The Etihad ....just shows anything can be done if done propperly.

With a) we'd have 3 finished stands plus the temporary end stand. All theoretical of course but you'd imagine the temporary stand not to be as large as the permanent one that would replace it. Could live with that though I suppose.

With b) there'd be capacity issues as the lower tiers wouldn't actually exist at that point. Note I'm looking at this from the perspective of using the stadium prior to the games. I can't see this scenario happening at all though.
So you honestly don't think we will be in the stadium before 2026?

Got it, i was thinking post conversion to a football stadium.

It does depend if they go for and get the 2022 games, i can't really see it being ready much before then anyhow. A year maximum at reduced capacity would be liveable. If you are talking 5 years then they would need another solution.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back