New Everton Stadium

I'm not expecting a full provisional report through the door and I'm not "impatient".

I'm merely highlighting what was promised "to keep our fans fully informed" and the reality = nothing. Practically speaking I thought there might be an attempt by now to ask at least focus groups what they feel about two obvious matters: shape of stadium and capacity of stadium.

We do live in a world where consultation can take place very quickly.
I think that's fair comment @davek, although maybe a little premature. I would expect the first thing would be for Dan Meiss to show some initial designs and the club to ask for comments. Meiss did say "soon, very soon" I think. However I'm nearly 72 so can't wait for ever! What would be your view on how you expect it to pan out Dave?

We're all looking forward to the unveiling of the design of the DaveK memorial stadium, but a bit of patience in some quarters would be welcome. We're embarking on a stadium project, not the opening of a packet of crisps.
rice-crispy-framed-stadium-2.jpg

Who let it out the bag? Eh?

I think that's fair comment @davek, although maybe a little premature. I would expect the first thing would be for Dan Meiss to show some initial designs and the club to ask for comments. Meiss did say "soon, very soon" I think. However I'm nearly 72 so can't wait for ever! What would be your view on how you expect it to pan out Dave?
As said, timeline wise I dont think it's a tough ask for the club to be well into its consultation phase. I remember other stadium schemes we've had were asking very early on for feedback on a decision for a change of stadium and offering provisional details of what it could be like. A few years have past since then and the process required for that type of consultation has only got easier to conduct. It can be more quickly done and more comprehensive.

I dont buy the "shut yer mouth, hold your water and let the experts get on with it" attitude. That hasn't served us too well in the past.

Shock horror dave, what if nothing significant has happened in the 3 and a bit weeks since the announcement.

You, along with everyone else in here, have no idea, literally not even close to the schematics of what's involved in such a complex business deal.

So please stop acting like you've popped into your local post office to get a mortgage.
Next time I'm having a pint with Mosh I'll get the scoop
He made his billions by letting all and sundry know what he's up to.

As said, timeline wise I dont think it's a tough ask for the club to be well into its consultation phase. I remember other stadium schemes we've had were asking very early on for feedback on a decision for a change of stadium and offering provisional details of what it could be like. A few years have past since then and the process required for that type of consultation has only got easier to conduct. It can be more quickly done and more comprehensive.

I dont buy the "shut yer mouth, hold your water and let the experts get on with it" attitude. That hasn't served us too well in the past.
Have a flick thro the ikea football stadia order book. ours is on page 9... Blue flat pack stadium.. suitable for docks. £150M

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back