New Everton Stadium

Finance arrangements for a commercial property can be done "Quickly"? In the private/insurance/investment sector?

Nope.

It is actually something I do know about, surprising how that might sound.
No, the capacity can be determined quickly through consultation with fans.

That's the first issue that needs resolving. I dont see the need to delay that much longer if they're serious about consultation.

No, the capacity can be determined quickly through consultation with fans.

That's the first issue that needs resolving. I dont see the need to delay that much longer if they're serious about consultation.

So, the club meets with a select band of say 100 fans they their unanimous request is for 65,000...
Then the designer and his team advise the footprint of the site can only realistically take 58,000 in order to maximise the space while adhering to all fire, health and safety considerations...
What happens then?

So, the club meets with a select band of say 100 fans they their unanimous request is for 65,000...
Then the designer and his team advise the footprint of the site can only realistically take 58,000 in order to maximise the space while adhering to all fire, health and safety considerations...
What happens then?
We stay at Goodison and Mosh rides off on his magic carpet.

I'd expect the consultation to be along the change of badge "Here's two designs, which go you like best?" One being a rectangular shed the other being a state of the art bowl shape.

And the consultation will be with supporters hand picked from their own fans forum.
Well if you were involved in the consultation we'd end up playing in a black pit of despair

I've consulted with them needing to be consulted with and told Dan we want 61878 seats. Anything else is piffle.

They should be getting in touch with this forum and others to gauge what the feeling is on the issues of capacity and design.

I have no idea why there's a delay.

Club: "The stadium - how big? what shape?"

Fans: "It's should be *this* big and *this* shape."

Then let them get on with financing and building it.

But apparently they have to wait months and months to ask those basic questions that are fundamental to making the most basic moves.

They should be getting in touch with this forum and others to gauge what the feeling is on the issues of capacity and design.

But apparently they have to wait months and months to ask those basic questions that are fundamental to making the most basic moves.

3 weeks

What happens then?
I agree. Capacity should be left to the experts as they know the challenges/costs etc that are involved. Not a bunch of overly passionate fans.

I imagine fan consulatation will be over smaller design details which can be easily added to any design the architects come up with. We aren't going to be given a bunch of choices of different stadiums to vote on.

What happens then?
That'll have been well sorted by now. The first questions the club would have asked is for maximum building capacity, and if it wasn't capable of 60,000 they'd have walked. The question is whether that's built straight away or left with the options to increase capacity to that or beyond at a later stage. Two docks as I understand it. Should be more than enough room.

What happens then?

Common sense does not apply Andy.

The stadium will be elliptical and hold 61878 people. Next...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back