New Everton Stadium

The club stated it would be the case.

Well, maybe after no doubt lots of discussions already with the design team over the maximum possible capacity...

Like Teresa May over holding a GE, Philip Hammond over self-employed NI contributions and George Osborne over not standing down as MP for Tatton...

They've changed their mind ?

Well, maybe after no doubt lots of discussions already with the design team over the maximum possible capacity...
Like Teresa May over holding a GE, Philip Hammond over self-played NI contributions and George Osborne over not standing down as MP for Tatton...
They've changed their mind ?
I cant see that. Not a flat taking off the table of the consultation process extending to fans.

As said, it'll happen but with a Hobson's Choice element to it.

That was my understanding too. Although sure there was anything concrete.
The Nelson dock?

Defo.

Imagine if the BMD was not quite big enough for the project of a 60,000 seater. I doubt the authorities already on board would say "ah, well, you cant infringe on that other piece of dilapidated dockland...the owners and city council might kick up a storm...hold on...."

So, the club meets with a select band of say 100 fans they their unanimous request is for 65,000...
Then the designer and his team advise the footprint of the site can only realistically take 58,000 in order to maximise the space while adhering to all fire, health and safety considerations...
What happens then?

2017-03-23-11-21-54-1993772565.webp

And there are more of us than them. ;)

Lets face it, sometimes the club cant do right for wrong. When the stadium is announced, its going to devide opinion, should be bigger, different shape, not blue enough, have more hot dog sellers....blah blah.

For the time being, I'm happy its with the architect and he's knows more than me. I do know he will be well aware of what we want. How can the fans be allowed to decide, which fans should be picked, and how would all those differences of opinion be catered for? We are on page 2155 of different opinions.

I couldn't begin to guess how many more million 5000 extra seats would cost, or how the difference is size and shape may change the local traffic infrastructure, or what the current time lines are for a project of this scale. However, I'm sure he does and is working for the best results.

The Nelson dock?

Defo.

Imagine if the BMD was not quite big enough for the project of a 60,000 seater. I doubt the authorities already on board would say "ah, well, you cant infringe on that other piece of dilapidated dockland...the owners and city council might kick up a storm...hold on...."
From what I remember there was an implication from somebody in Peel (at MIPIM) that both docks were part of the package. It went largely overlooked.

Too old for fighting mate, can I be allowed to just puff out my cheeks and go "hmffff" instead ? ;)

As long as it's the best darn hmffff you can muster. :)

To be fair I can't see Farhad wading in, so it'll be fine.

Actually abort the whole thing, I've just thought the club may bring in Duncan as part of their delegation. No matter how many of us there is he will just knock us all over the shop like Botham in his pomp.

58,000 it is. (n)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back