New Everton Stadium

Hilarious.

Now perhaps one of you comedians can furnish the rest of us with the details of how we've progressed on the stadium issue under Moshiri and compare that pace of development with our previous stadium schemes and how they unfolded. Both the KD and DK schemes were well down the road after first being revealed.

We are at the stage of consultation about basics such as design and capacity FFS. It's a joke.

Still, if you wish to be strung along by EFC, the Echo and Uncle Tom Cobley and all, be my guest.
It's going to take a long time, that's for sure.

I'm still dubious about the new stadium and even more so with this Moshiri gentleman. He hasn't exactly thrown the cash around as of yet and he's been here for over a year now.

We desperately need a new stadium. Goodison has history and is part of Everton FC, of course. But it's dated and simply doesn't compare to stadiums like the Emirates, Old Trafford and even St James Park.

We need bigger and better. But when it actually gets built is anyone's guess.

I know @davek has a lot of you lads fuming and frothing on here with his opinions, but the way I see it is, he's playing devil's advocate, and that's whats we need on here in regards to the stadium, Moshiri etc.
No, hes not playing Devils Advocate, hes playing Davek. And that would be one thing if any argument he used made a lick of sense, but it doesnt. Hes just running out the absurd to get a rise at people, not because he actually believes it.

No, hes not playing Devils Advocate, hes playing Davek. And that would be one thing if any argument he used made a lick of sense, but it doesnt. Hes just running out the absurd to get a rise at people, not because he actually believes it.
There's nothing wrong with Davek's post whatsoever. You don't like it because you disagree with it.

I'm still dubious about the new stadium and even more so with this Moshiri gentleman. He hasn't exactly thrown the cash around as of yet and he's been here for over a year now.

We desperately need a new stadium. Goodison has history and is part of Everton FC, of course. But it's dated and simply doesn't compare to stadiums like the Emirates, Old Trafford and even St James Park.

That's precisely it though isn't it? It is people guessing where we are up to with it. We could have done loads and we could have hardly done anything. The DaveDismays of the world have no idea whatsoever. That also applies to those saying they know it's 2 years away. Point is, there is no need to get wound up by it until we actually know what is going on.

This is not a go at you personally by the way.

That's precisely it though isn't it? It is people guessing where we are up to with it. We could have done loads and we could have hardly done anything. The DaveDismays of the world have no idea whatsoever. That also applies to those saying they know it's 2 years away. Point is, there is no need to get wound up by it until we actually know what is going on.

This is not a go at you personally by the way.
That's fair Gav. I just think that people like Davek and myself are concerned about Moshiri. I personally don't trust the guy at all.

Can you explain what you are dubious about in relation to the new stadium out of interest?

As for Moshiri, why are you dubious? The fact that Moshiri has been here for over a year is a good way for the negative posters to over exaggerate the lack of 'progress' despite the fact that the transfer window has most certainly not been open for the duration of that time.

Moshiri arrived in late February 2016 whilst the transfer window was shut and we were in 12th position. We finished 11th and then had a disappointing transfer window in terms of big names coming in, but still managed to bring in some players that proved to be key to us showing an improvement this season, the main one being Idrissa Gueye. He went out and got a well known big name manager from a club who had European Football this season, and got Steve Walsh from Leicester. We also managed to hold on to Lukaku. What exactly did people expect in terms of bringing in top players? There was loads on here who deluded themselves because the media said this and that and certain posters made assumptions/claims that we had deals done for the likes of Witsel and Mata which is their own fault for being so gullible. Why would those players have joined a team on the decline who came 11th with no European Football to offer?

In January, we still weren't in the top 6 but we managed to strengthen by spending fairly big on Schneiderlin who again proved to be a key player in the second half of the season and ensured we got 7th which was the realistic aim this season.

So to be fair and realistic the fact that Moshiri has been here over a year is irrelevant when discussing him 'throwing the cash about'. He has had a chance to influence players coming in for a total of 3 months. Between 1st July and 1st September 2016, and in the January transfer window in 2017. He had to do so with Everton having finished 11th before the Summer window and whilst we were sat in 7th in January.

The top players do not want to sign for a side 7th-11th regardless of how much money they may have to spend. Why not wait and see how we get on this window before criticising him?

Can you explain what you are dubious about in relation to the new stadium out of interest?

As for Moshiri, why are you dubious? The fact that Moshiri has been here for over a year is a good way for the negative posters to over exaggerate the lack of 'progress' despite the fact that the transfer window has most certainly not been open for the duration of that time.

Moshiri arrived in late February 2016 whilst the transfer window was shut and we were in 12th position. We finished 11th and then had a disappointing transfer window in terms of big names coming in, but still managed to bring in some players that proved to be key to us showing an improvement this season, the main one being Idrissa Gueye. He went out and got a well known big name manager from a club who had European Football this season, and got Steve Walsh from Leicester. We also managed to hold on to Lukaku. What exactly did people expect in terms of bringing in top players? There was loads on here who deluded themselves because the media said this and that and certain posters made assumptions/claims that we had deals done for the likes of Witsel and Mata which is their own fault for being so gullible. Why would those players have joined a team on the decline who came 11th with no European Football to offer?

In January, we still weren't in the top 6 but we managed to strengthen by spending fairly big on Schneiderlin who again proved to be a key player in the second half of the season and ensured we got 7th which was the realistic aim this season.

So to be fair and realistic the fact that Moshiri has been here over a year is irrelevant when discussing him 'throwing the cash about'. He has had a chance to influence players coming in for a total of 3 months. Between 1st July and 1st September 2016, and in the January transfer window in 2017. He had to do so with Everton having finished 11th before the Summer window and whilst we were sat in 7th in January.

The top players do not want to sign for a side 7th-11th regardless of how much money they may have to spend. Why not wait and see how we get on this window before criticising him?
Because when he originally joined I had visions of us targeting big name players and keeping players like Lukaku and Stones. Buying Schneiderlin, a player that Man Utd didn't even want, doesn't prove anything to me.

The jury is still out on him. I have read several rumours that he is just here to sell for profit at a later date.

These guys are businessmen. They couldn't give two hoots about us fans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back