New Everton Stadium

View attachment 37943
It has more than a passing resemblance of Goodison don't you think?

I didn't notice at first but now that you mention it you're absolutely right. It wouldn't surprise me if Meis' starting point for the new ground was to just to re-imagine a modern Goodison Park and to expand from there. I think the final design will be very different however.

Finger in ears?? no, not even close. Its called repeating what the architect has stated, word for word I may add.

And I'll repeat exactly incase you missed it

So, again, no this is not a DESIGN, it has not been placed in the public domain because it simply an idea, a mock up, a creative person being creative.
"This is not a design". Lol.

FFS what does it matter if he said 'ideas' rather than design? It's the same thing: graphic illustration of the plan he's working on. Or maybe he just tips up at conferences with random images that bear no relation to what he's currently working on?

This is the putative plan he has. Is it defo going to happen? No. But only if you tell these divvies at the club it's not wanted.

Since when did you speak for the match going fanbase?

It's not a proposal btw, it's a sketch. Yet more knee jerking over reaction, it's beyond dull.
Speak up now about it mate or forever regret it.

Don't take your anger out on me because it's what your default position on any subject seems to be. If you don't want that 'kin identikit stadium monstrosity then speak out.

"This is not a design". Lol.

FFS what does it matter if he said 'ideas' rather than design? It's the same thing: graphic illustration of the plan he's working on. Or maybe he just tips up at conferences with random images that bear no relation to what he's currently working on?

This is the putative plan he has. Is it defo going to happen? No. But only if you tell these divvies at the club it's not wanted.

Its a concept drawing, the man even said the designs have not been exposed, so why would he then expose them 10 seconds later. He's taking about peoples he working with and has a couple of sketches and you're going off one.

You're raging with fume, its hilarious.

Speak up now about it mate or forever regret it.

Don't take your anger out on me because it's what your default position on any subject seems to be. If you don't want that 'kin identikit stadium monstrosity then speak out.
Yawn.

When the club releases the ACTUAL stadium design proposal, I'll form my opinion then thanks all the same mate.

If I have an issue with it, I'll give the club my feedback.

This club learned some valuable lessons a few years ago with the whole badge fiasco, and that was pre-Moshiri as well. They have promised us consultation (which hasn't started yet to my knowledge) and would have to be monumental fools to go back on that.
What they actually did in the end mate was to "fix" it by presenting a choice of three designs created by themselves and handed down for a beauty pageant. That is NOT consultation. I fear we'll see three identikit stadiums of the ilk we saw this morning in the next few months and by then it'll be a fait accompli and too late to do anything about.

This disaster Meis is thinking along the lines of needs protesting against RIGHT NOW or we are stuck with a soulless bowl for 100 years.

What are you doing mate? I'm with you. Let's do this.
I'd like the forum to en masse present the club with a petition stating that a bowl stadium is not what we want and that the consultations for the stadium design need to take on board fans beyond their hand picked poodles in the EFF.

I'd like the forum to en masse present the club with a petition stating that a bowl stadium is not what we want and that the consultations for the stadium design need to take on board fans beyond their hand picked poodles in the EFF.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Waited all morning to get on this thread because of meetings and it hasn't disappointed, well played everyone.

Honestly can't read anything into them designs, its a mockup, designers tend to have multiple concepts, be it an architect or a web designer. lots of these end up in presentations and very rarely end up being the finalised design.

The fact people are blowing their heads off based on some massively blurry images (disregard the WHP stuff) is utterly amazing.

You talked about never ending hoops and it being a million miles away only a couple of months back.

Now you're wanting to organise a fans protest based on a hazy sketch ffs lol
Stating that it was way off and needing to overcome obstacles (which it still does, btw) is not the same as saying "it won't happen" is it?

Example 1: Liverpool Waters initial design - Is this being built? No
liverpool_waters_ct130209_3.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back