New Everton Stadium

I'd like the forum to en masse present the club with a petition stating that a bowl stadium is not what we want and that the consultations for the stadium design need to take on board fans beyond their hand picked poodles in the EFF.

What makes.you think you have a mandate to know what all the fans want then Dave ?

Nothing official has been released and here you are talking about mass objections to a stadium design that's not officially released.

I suggest that because your not a fan of Mr Meis that what ever he releases your going to rile against it anyway.

Dave wins the internet prize today. Well done sir :) Off home now to make a banner with a chance of meeting him when he organises his first protest at BMD. He may have to leave his bedroom so big step

To be honest mate - if the fella in question has absolutely anything positive to say about any future release of Stadium design - then he's been bought off plain and simple.
He's only happy when he's not.
What makes.you think you have a mandate to know what all the fans want then Dave ?

Nothing official has been released and here you are talking about mass objections to a stadium design that's not officially released.

I suggest that because your not a fan of Mr Meis that what ever he releases your going to rile against it anyway.
To be honest mate - if the fella in question has absolutely anything positive to say about any future release of Stadium design - then he's been bought off plain and simple.
He's only happy when he's not.

I didn't notice at first but now that you mention it you're absolutely right. It wouldn't surprise me if Meis' starting point for the new ground was to just to re-imagine a modern Goodison Park and to expand from there. I think the final design will be very different however.

That's very plausible. From the start, the mantra from the fans has been to retain what makes Goodison so special. We can't see the Park End version in the photo but the Bullens is clearly much bigger. It really wouldn't surprise me if BMD is a very clear 'nod' to Goodison.

What they actually did in the end mate was to "fix" it by presenting a choice of three designs created by themselves and handed down for a beauty pageant. That is NOT consultation. I fear we'll see three identikit stadiums of the ilk we saw this morning in the next few months and by then it'll be a fait accompli and too late to do anything about.

This disaster Meis is thinking along the lines of needs protesting against RIGHT NOW or we are stuck with a soulless bowl for 100 years.
Like Popeye, I've stood all I can stands, I can't stands no more. Back on ignore we go.

Yeah - it would be really helpful for the club if fans at this stage in the process if we started a campaign or held protest based on designs that we haven't seen yet. Makes no sense at all.
Not everybody will like the design, that is for sure, even if it was a replica of the Bernabeu. But lets have a look-see first...

Isnt that just recommendation rather than anything else?

Yes but it's a hard recommendation. They use these to determine if new grounds get their safety certificate or not. Doubt messing around with this would be worth any architect risking their reputation over.

Chris - for those of us with no ideas on building design, construction and associated processes, could you elaborate further on this please? Not doubting you information but I know nothing about this industry & am a little alarmed that Meis is talking about 'studying' BMD, we are led to believe there are a number of outline designs in Mr Moshiri's office and yet you are saying that until the site investigation is completed, nobody is actually sure what can be built! The pessimistic Evertonian in me is suddenly concerned that any sort of construction may not be viable because new Goodison would sink if built at BMD. After 18 months of anticipation following rumours of a new waterside stadium emerging, preceded by 25 years of pain, I think this would be the last straw for me....

The land has already been identified as a safe option to build upon. The site investigation will lead decisions for structural stability, e.g, what form will any potential piling take, how deep will they need to be, what type will they be etc. As it's so close to the water, they'll be wanting to ensure the depth to hit bedrock. It will also drive decisions as to what happens to any earth thats removed, does it require special treatment or disposal, limiting factors and how to treat it, among other things.

There are a few things that could put the knockers on this project, the ability to build on the land is not one of them, and of the others, mainly financial, they are highly, highly unlikely to occur.

article-2036191-0DCEB86F00000578-130_468x286.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back