New Everton Stadium

Have I missed something here? I can't really make anything out from those images or that video, certainly not enough to go completely mental about it. It looks like it has barely any roof on it is the only thing I can say about it (which obviously means it is not anything like a final design for a stadium on the banks of the Mersey!).

Dan Meis has already said it wont be a bowl. If it is when he presents the designs then by all means protest, complain, kick off. But surely let the lad unveil his designs first instead of some blurry picture no one can make out.
TBF, he did the Linc in Philly and I gotta say the aesthetics in that stadium were excellent for a soccer match I was there for last year, I use soccer as it's used primarily for NFL games. Not bowl-like at all, sidelines very close to the field, and stands on the sides that seemed to go more up than out. I thought it provided for a great atmosphere. I'd think he knows how to build a soccer-specific ground.

TBF, he did the Linc in Philly and I gotta say the aesthetics in that stadium were excellent for a soccer match I was there for last year, I use soccer as it's used primarily for NFL games. Not bowl-like at all, sidelines very close to the field, and stands on the sides that seemed to go more up than out. I thought it provided for a great atmosphere. I'd think he knows how to build a soccer-specific ground.

Any pics of that mate?

Had quite a few issues at L2 and a massive sink hole a few months back.

Wasn't that just in the road though? If you fill an empty hole with earth with not much in terms of foundations then you can get a lot of settlement movement. Ours will have a stadium with piles driven so far into the ground they will act like a drain for the Pacific. :p It should help bind the earth a bit and so should reduce the chances of that happening.

Have I missed something here? I can't really make anything out from those images or that video, certainly not enough to go completely mental about it. It looks like it has barely any roof on it is the only thing I can say about it (which obviously means it is not anything like a final design for a stadium on the banks of the Mersey!).
It was enough to get Dave baking mate.

I hope he makes a nice cream sponge this time.

Any pics of that mate?
It's a stadium that looks like it hasn't been finished.

lincoln-financial-field-philadelphia-eagles-duncan-pearson.jpg

Any pics of that mate?

Can't figure out how to get images from my phone email into this site. But below is a standard pic from its wiki page. It gives some flavour of the stadium itself, but tough to get the scale and general sense of "up" not "out". My pics are from behind the goal. No idea how to get them on here.

1920px-USA-Turkey-Linc.jpg

I'm more concerned about how long this is going to take, well, that's how I feel at the moment - I'm very impatient. So, when did construction start on Roma's new stadium, which is a Dan Meis job? It seems like it's been going forever. And when is it due to finish?

Roma stadium still in planning. Been very politicised, mainly because of the developments surrounding it and the populist local government's dislike of high rise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back