New Everton Stadium

The land has already been identified as a safe option to build upon. The site investigation will lead decisions for structural stability, e.g, what form will any potential piling take, how deep will they need to be, what type will they be etc. As it's so close to the water, they'll be wanting to ensure the depth to hit bedrock. It will also drive decisions as to what happens to any earth thats removed, does it require special treatment or disposal, limiting factors and how to treat it

There are a few things that could put the knockers on this project, the ability to build on the land is not one of them, and of the others, mainly financial, they are highly, highly unlikely to occur.

Thanks Jacko - very helpful. Seems to me you are confident, so I will be too when I am winding up my red uncles who are not happy with this at all!

I'd like the forum to en masse present the club with a petition stating that a bowl stadium is not what we want and that the consultations for the stadium design need to take on board fans beyond their hand picked poodles in the EFF.

Where do you keep coming up with the idea it'll be a bowl ?

Chris - for those of us with no ideas on building design, construction and associated processes, could you elaborate further on this please? Not doubting you information but I know nothing about this industry & am a little alarmed that Meis is talking about 'studying' BMD, we are led to believe there are a number of outline designs in Mr Moshiri's office and yet you are saying that until the site investigation is completed, nobody is actually sure what can be built! The pessimistic Evertonian in me is suddenly concerned that any sort of construction may not be viable because new Goodison would sink if built at BMD. After 18 months of anticipation following rumours of a new waterside stadium emerging, preceded by 25 years of pain, I think this would be the last straw for me....

The site won't sink, a few wet docks have been filled in and built on and my experience is leading is limited. But with small exposure to the L2 development at seaforth, now this was slightly different as they built a quay and then back filled it. This now operational with 5 cranes, potentially up to 8.

In my experience with the above, numerous drawings and plans were devised, always subject to change dependent on the site capabilities.

I'm more concerned about how long this is going to take, well, that's how I feel at the moment - I'm very impatient. So, when did construction start on Roma's new stadium, which is a Dan Meis job? It seems like it's been going forever. And when is it due to finish?

I'd like the forum to en masse present the club with a petition stating that a bowl stadium is not what we want and that the consultations for the stadium design need to take on board fans beyond their hand picked poodles in the EFF.

lol

When did we collectively decide that we didn't want a bowl btw?

I don't remember casting my vote...

I for one wouldn't want a 4 sided open cornered stadium on the riverside like.

The site won't sink, a few wet docks have been filled in and built on and my experience is leading is limited. But with small exposure to the L2 development at seaforth, now this was slightly different as they built a quay and then back filled it. This now operational with 5 cranes, potentially up to 8.

In my experience with the above, numerous drawings and plans were devised, always subject to change dependent on the site capabilities.

Had quite a few issues at L2 and a massive sink hole a few months back.

Ok cheers Chris for the reply - you and Jacko have set my mind at ease. This club of ours causes all sorts of anxiety - wonder if they know?

That doesn't stand up mathematicaly.

10 rows would give only an extra 7-8 metres.

Athletics need 177 metres from end to end.

Standard length EUFA/FIFA pitch is only 105 metres. Add on the gap at each end (6 metres) gives you 105 + 6 + 6 = 117
Add on your ten rows
117 + 7 + 7 = 151

Still 26 metres too short

That's another 13m from each end I.E. another 18 rows from each end!
Good work. Let's just not bother having a new stadium. Some of you lot are like spoilt kids.

Dan Meis has already said it wont be a bowl. If it is when he presents the designs then by all means protest, complain, kick off. But surely let the lad unveil his designs first instead of some blurry picture no one can make out.

Dan Meis has already said it wont be a bowl. If it is when he presents the designs then by all means protest, complain, kick off. But surely let the lad unveil his designs first instead of some blurry picture no one can make out.

Thing is isn't Signal iduna park that Dave is a fan of a bowl shape of sorts ? Well a rectangular bowl with the corners filled in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back