New Everton Stadium

I really hope that some sort of possible retro fit is included in the design regardless.
Spurs released images of them fitting rail seating into their new ground to test if it was feasible with their new stadium specs. It was and so I would imagine we will construct our stands (in some areas of the ground at least) to allow for the removal of standard seating and the introduction of rail seating should the law change.

Fan survey feedback from the official site.

"One of the largest fan surveys carried out in the Club’s history has provided Everton with valuable insight on supporters’ views regarding the new stadium project at Bramley Moore Dock.

Thousands of fans completed the survey earlier this summer, with more than half stressing the importance of a clear ‘Home End’, close proximity of fans to the pitch, steep stands as well as a continued tribute to Dixie Dean and reference to the Archibald Leitch style.

Maintaining and surpassing the level of atmosphere achieved at Goodison Park was considered the single most important factor by fans – with improved facilities for refreshments and sight lines also being listed as key factors.

Respondents to the survey also rated the capacity of the new ground in the top three most important factors, identifying larger capacity stadiums such as Old Trafford, Wembley, the Camp Nou and Millennium Stadium among their favourites.

When highlighting the importance of ensuring that seats are as close to the pitch in order to generate atmosphere, fans identified the London Stadium and the Bet365 Stadium as stadia where they felt this hadn’t been successfully achieved.

Robert Elstone, Everton’s Chief Executive, said: “This feedback is a really important step in our consultation process with our fans. And there’s a clear message from our supporters; developing a stadium that provides intimacy, intensity and atmosphere is paramount, while at the same time ensuring all the qualities associated with modern stadia are delivered.

“This message validates the guidance that we’ve given to our designers and has been really important in shaping our Key Principles document – a document which will be made public in the next few weeks to set out our ambitions for our new home at Bramley Moore Dock.

“It’s crucial that supporters continue to support us with feedback and ideas – it doesn’t matter how old you are, how long you’ve been a Blue, where you sit at Goodison Park, or even if you are able to attend matches or not – we’re looking for input from you all.”

Everton is continuing to invite fans to contribute through online surveys and consultation events. Supporters can register by clicking here."
FFS, surveys about surveys over the coming months (years?).

Just get the designs drawn up and show us.

What a 'kin palaver with this stadium business.

Spurs released images of them fitting rail seating into their new ground to test if it was feasible with their new stadium specs. It was and so I would imagine we will construct our stands (in some areas of the ground at least) to allow for the removal of standard seating and the introduction of rail seating should the law change.

The club didn't release them and quickly posted this in response...

Not a surprise to see them being tested as we already knew the stadium is being built with it in mind, and they're testing other (normal) seats from different suppliers at the moment as well.

BTW, you're not related to our windymiller are you (https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS )? :oops:

The club didn't release them and quickly posted this in response...

Not a surprise to see them being tested as we already knew the stadium is being built with it in mind, and they're testing other (normal) seats from different suppliers at the moment as well.

BTW, you're not related to our windymiller are you (https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS)? :oops:

Fair dues.

I'm not the same windymiller, although I'm guessing we are a similar vintage with that nickname!

I see that lot have just voted for safe standing today, then see the Spurs posts above.

Would be fantastic to get back to being able to go to a game with occasional match goers & not have to sit apart.

The only aggro with safe seating I can see is technically all those in seating should stay on their arse (obviously goals celebration is an exception). not everyone will be able to get a ticket in the standing area so initially the culture change could cause some friction in the ground . it will take good stewarding to diffuse any arguments.

One thing I will miss is the clatter of wooden seats as we mount an attack towards the street end.

Just had the below from Everton. Are they messing, more surveys?! Just hurry up and get on with it, you already know what the fans want.

Thank you for responding to the recent fan survey about our move to Bramley Moore Dock. As a Club, we were delighted to receive thousands of responses from Evertonians giving their views and explaining their priorities for the new stadium.

These results are an important step in our consultation journey with fans and you can be assured we will continue to discuss and reflect your views throughout this process.

We have analysed your responses, which clearly tell us it’s important our new stadium retains the intensity that Goodison Park can create - with steep stands, a clear ‘Home End’ and supporters close to the action. Creating atmosphere through the stadium design is one of our key principles – one of a number that we will be publishing soon in our ‘Key Principles’ document – which, using the feedback from the survey – will outline our ambitions for our new home.

Over the coming months, we will be asking for your support in more surveys and also through some fan events where we are keen to discuss your priorities and ideas in more detail.

In the meantime, you may be interested to hear a podcast our CEO Robert Elstone recently participated in with Nick Mernock, Chair of the Everton Fans’ Forum.

Please click here to listen to the podcast.

Thank you for your continued support.

Everton Football Club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back