New Everton Stadium

I miss the terraces, sitting down is a poor substitute for me. All the atmosphere came from the terrace, which is why since the introduction of all seating it has slowly leached away. Trying to encourage singing for instance in seating is always false and contrived, it lacks the impromptu and anarchic way that songs and chants spread, if they were any good.
I miss the way you were able meet different groups of people , depending on were you stood.
Stadia should cater for both choices, as they always used too.

Started off in Top Balc as a young kid with my dad.....when old I enough left him to it with his mates and went to Street terrace, had the same spec for years, first row of the step half way back in line with Nevs right stick, barrier infront. Had some good times there and not so good. 85 to 95. Moved upstairs for a few years, eventually back to Top Balcony.

I doubt I would bother with safe standing, like a few others above If I had a decent seat with ok legroom (Top balcony is a joke) I'd be puzzled why anybody would want to stand.

I wonder how many who want safe standing have actually been on a terrace? I'm sure quite a few advocates missed out due to age.

Started off in Top Balc as a young kid with my dad.....when old I enough left him to it with his mates and went to Street terrace, had the same spec for years, first row of the step half way back in line with Nevs right stick, barrier infront. Had some good times there and not so good. 85 to 95. Moved upstairs for a few years, eventually back to Top Balcony.

I doubt I would bother with safe standing, like a few others above If I had a decent seat with ok legroom (Top balcony is a joke) I'd be puzzled why anybody would want to stand.

I wonder how many who want safe standing have actually been on a terrace? I'm sure quite a few advocates missed out due to age.

Thats the irony I am struggling with mate. Lads who remember the terraces, and lets remember, they just wernt at the ends, a lot of grounds had terracing under a stand on the sides too, are probably quite happy sitting now! I am not that arsed either way; if the new place has this massive home end, and enough want some safe standing, then fine by me.

When I go, I will be looking for a seat.

Thats the irony I am struggling with mate. Lads who remember the terraces, and lets remember, they just wernt at the ends, a lot of grounds had terracing under a stand on the sides too, are probably quite happy sitting now! I am not that arsed either way; if the new place has this massive home end, and enough want some safe standing, then fine by me.

When I go, I will be looking for a seat.
As long as I have a face you will always have somewhere to sit RayRay xx

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back