New Everton Stadium

I'm old enough to remember the terraces but would safe standing put a barrier at every level and therefore eliminate the rush forward if a goal was scored?

That for me was the issue with old school standing.

Yes, the new "safe standing" has a railing in front of each row. And when you need to have seats for UEFA matches or something else, you can either attach seats to the rails, or they're already there and you only have to unfold them.

A bit off topic, but not that much.

Listening to Andy Jacobs earlier today, (massive Chelsea fan and Talksport presenter), and while Stamford Bridge is being rebuilt, they will play at Wembley for FOUR seasons.

That would utterly suck for me. One season, like Spurs, would have a novelty factor I guess, but 4? At least we stay at Goodison, say a fond farewell, then pitch up at "The Whatever its called" Stadium the next season. Hopefully anyrate.

I'm not from Liverpool so I wouldn't know, but do you lads reckon you'll feel a tad alienated having to travel to Bramley-Moore every other Weekend as opposed to Goodison Park ? Not having the same surrounding environment you've had ever since you can remember and so on..the pubs, the foodstands, the park, maybe even being farther from the pit.

It'll be odd at first, but our 60,000+ all-seater dockside stadium will soften the blow of leaving familiar surroundings. I imagine the stadium move will invoke a similar feeling to the one you get when you move house to something bigger and better. Not too heart-wrenching.

Bradley-Moore Dock is actually closer to my abode than Goodison is; the truncation of my match day journey will make the move even sweeter for me.

It'll be odd at first, but our 60,000+ all-seater dockside stadium will soften the blow of leaving familiar surroundings. I imagine the stadium move will invoke a similar feeling to the one you get when you move house to something bigger and better. Not too heart-wrenching.

Bradley-Moore Dock is actually closer to my abode than Goodison is; the truncation of my match day journey will make the move even sweeter for me.

Yes it will be like moving to a house with an indoor loo for the first time, hot running water and a nice view. I'll miss the dog turds, the blue dragon and the pubs on county road although the Queens head has gone already.

If you're at a loose end around 6 tune into Sky Sports Arena for GAA football quarter finals. Armagh v Tyrone is at 4 and Dublin v Monaghan at 6 by which time the Hill should be full - an opportunity to see how 15,000 standing in a terrace can work in a modern stadium of 83,000.

Every time I see that London Stadium it lowers my expectations. I just don't see how you can ever make a Football stadium from one with a running track.

If I was designing a stadium, the 2 things I'd want to know :

- Minimum allowed distance from pitch.
- Steepest allowed angle of terrace.

Maybe the 4 sides could be built 20-40 metres behind their final position & moved into place when the commonwealth games finish.

If you're at a loose end around 6 tune into Sky Sports Arena for GAA football quarter finals. Armagh v Tyrone is at 4 and Dublin v Monaghan at 6 by which time the Hill should be full - an opportunity to see how 15,000 standing in a terrace can work in a modern stadium of 83,000.

Bump. If you are wondering about the empty seats this was a double header - Tyrone v Armagh in the earlier match and poor ould Armagh fans have probably hit the pubs or maybe the road home.

The Hill looks great and the Boys in Blue have had a good first half. COYBIB!!!

Every time I see that London Stadium it lowers my expectations. I just don't see how you can ever make a Football stadium from one with a running track.

If I was designing a stadium, the 2 things I'd want to know :

- Minimum allowed distance from pitch.
- Steepest allowed angle of terrace.

Maybe the 4 sides could be built 20-40 metres behind their final position & moved into place when the commonwealth games finish.

Just doesnt work does it?

I am watching the athletics now, and still cant quite work out how it all gets converted back to a (terrible) football stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back