New Everton Stadium

Point remains though track size is a constant and there is no example of a track being fitted into a tight football stadium, be it one yet to be built or a 100 year old one.

Not saying it cannot be done but it would need movable stands and/or a temporary configuration like the Etihad.

I think there is a slight difference between a new stadium and a 100 year old one. The footprint is tight but advancements in technology will give the architect freedom to review new ideas.

It maybe as simple as removing seats and placing a platform. Comparing to an already built stadium is a bit of a stretch as we are starting from scratch; so certain mechanisms can be incorporated if needed

Don't talk stupid. We all have members of our own families who come from Liverpool and support them. Years of more success have given them a far bigger fan base than us, international AND local, whether we like it or not. It will take as many years to turn it round as it took them to turn it round from us. I personally find it repugnant to ridicule the people of our city whether they be blue or red.
Stop it!

I know.

They could put the running track somewhere else and screen the race inside the ground.

This would be the ideal solution for all folks who turn up to a football stadium when their primary interest is athletics...

I think there is a slight difference between a new stadium and a 100 year old one. The footprint is tight but advancements in technology will give the architect freedom to review new ideas.

It maybe as simple as removing seats and placing a platform. Comparing to an already built stadium is a bit of a stretch as we are starting from scratch; so certain mechanisms can be incorporated if needed

Yeah there are those possibilities but you don't get intelligent design for the sums quoted. In addition, we have been told that the CG has not impacted the design process whatsoever. It doesn't add up. Literally.

Mick A, spot on. If you look at the footprint of BMD in the Buro Happold document that got leaked it is near as damn it a physical impossibility to fit a running track into the site on the North-South axis proposed for the stadium even if we assume some elevatedtrack/retractable stand combination.

I'm not an architect but given the site dimensions the only obvious way I can see to do it is orient the track E-W and leave one stand (East) unbuilt until after the athletics. If we can spend more money it is technically conceivable that the East stand could swing back like it is hinged or swing open like stable doors...but it would surely be very expensive.

For me this is not about pessimism/optimism about the club in general it is just the realistic geometry and dimensions of the site.

Moveable stands would be brilliant but that would need a cohesive, long term vision for the stadium use I'd imagine as well as being very expensive. Personally think we'll get a Etihad style temporary end if we win the games with the stadium completed fully post 2022.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back