New Everton Stadium

I am utterly convinced that the CWG "bid", (was there even a leaflet?) was a total smokescreen to allow LCC to put that SPV thing in place to, er, "encourage" the building/financing of the ground.

Feel a bit like a broken record, but it is all about the Liverpool Waters bun fight.

This would make sense. All the discussion from Elstone and the architect about proximity and steepness just did not rally back to a design that could incorporate a temporary track. It also seemed highly unlikely that a track could be installed and removed on a temporary platform before and after the games in 1 summer.

This would make sense. All the discussion from Elstone and the architect about proximity and steepness just did not rally back to a design that could incorporate a temporary track. It also seemed highly unlikely that a track could be installed and removed on a temporary platform before and after the games in 1 summer.

Quite, The minute that SPV thing was announced, plus a few whispers I heard, it was as plain as the nose on your face that the ground build is a bookend/stimulus for LCC to see truck loads of cash cascade into the city.

All they, (LCC) had to do was to de-risk the bulk of the ground financing via the SPV, and, bingo. The CWG "bid" was a convenient fig leaf. Pretty sure they would have found another one if needed.

IMO, we will get the ground, (timescales mentioned seem miles off imo), but it will not be financed by EFC/Moshiri. One day, we will actually own the place, but the "rent/mortgage" will be easily manageable.

Unless the world caves in that is.

I am utterly convinced that the CWG "bid", (was there even a leaflet?) was a total smokescreen to allow LCC to put that SPV thing in place to, er, "encourage" the building/financing of the ground.

Feel a bit like a broken record, but it is all about the Liverpool Waters bun fight.

It was definitely a genuine bid. They were going for the 2026 one, then when the 2022 came up they jumped on it. They pulled a lot of people out of the day jobs within LCC to work on it, one certain directorate had there director yanked to work full time on it.

It was a typical Joe Anderson media funfair, and he loves the spotlight. Obsessed with leaving a legacy and this the perfect opportunity

It was definitely a genuine bid. They were going for the 2026 one, then when the 2022 came up they jumped on it. They pulled a lot of people out of the day jobs within LCC to work on it, one certain directorate had there director yanked to work full time on it.

It was a typical Joe Anderson media funfair, and he loves the spotlight. Obsessed with leaving a legacy and this the perfect opportunity

All wrapped up in the Liverpool Waters stuff though.

His legacy will be hundreds of indetikit redrow housing estates and lego brick student accommodation blighting the city.

I doubt that the new page / blog from Dan Meis being released a day after the CWG decision is coincidence. I'd say that drawings / renders are ready to go and will be released shortly.

His legacy will be hundreds of indetikit redrow housing estates and lego brick student accommodation blighting the city.

Whatever goes into the docks I can guarantee you it won't be identikit redraw housing estates and lego brick student accommodation
The real money is in commercial property , office blocks and fancy waterfront apartments with 1 million pound penthouses
Convention centre , theatres, music venues , office blocks with a digital hub will be the order of the day.

Whatever goes into the docks I can guarantee you it won't be identikit redraw housing estates and lego brick student accommodation
The real money is in commercial property , office blocks and fancy waterfront apartments with 1 million pound penthouses
Convention centre , theatres, music venues , office blocks with a digital hub will be the order of the day.
You've misunderstood my post, Stevie

Part of the planning dictates that a percentage of the build has to be residential. Will likely be high end apartments though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back