New Everton Stadium

I want bigger than 60k. Make it the second biggest in the league.

That isn't the first time he has mentioned 60k, so I'm guessing that's the capacity we're going with.

Hurry up and reveal the design!!

Elstone mentioned about trying to fit in an extra 3-4000 fans on the tight footprint, so chances of expansion in the future looks off as it sounds as though we've landlocked ourselves? I reckon it could be something like 58-59000, or 63-64000 rather than a round number.

I didn't mean that big, I meant just bigger than Spurs' stadium.
Spurs will fill a bigger ground than we will ( London factor )
Plus the NFL contract will give them a bigger financial return
Also the artificial surface gives them the option to hold non footballing events ( boxing , concerts etc) on a regular basis which again the London factor will boost.
We won't fill a stadium over 60/63 thousand on a regular basis

I want bigger than 60k. Make it the second biggest in the league.

That isn't the first time he has mentioned 60k, so I'm guessing that's the capacity we're going with.

Hurry up and reveal the design!!

It wasn't too long ago that 50,000 was being touted as the likely figure

60,000 will be more than enough for now (and probably for a long time to come)

I'd rather have a packed to the rafters 61878 capacity stadium than a 75000 seater stadium with loads of gaps in the stand.

Empty seats are a good thing. It gives fans a better choice of where to get their seat, and to get their seats by who they want.

Plus it gives walk up fans, and new potential fans, a chance to go.

The aim should be to set the capacity for the expected crowd in the big games.

Wonder if we'll have something like the Luzhniki steel work on the roof as a nod to Leitch's work?

36787989121_88c8f35335_k.jpg

Look at Meis previous designs to get a good idea

Anyone seen Meis' latest instagram post? Tried to screen shot it, but wouldn't let me post the file on here.

He's at an NFL game and the caption is:
'Amazing how much noise 60,000 fans can make ;)

This man knows evertonians stalk his every social media move.
100% a hint.
The pic of the Vikings(?) stadium he done with it, I wouldn't be surprised if there were similarities to that.

Empty seats are a good thing. It gives fans a better choice of where to get their seat, and to get their seats by who they want.

Plus it gives walk up fans, and new potential fans, a chance to go.

The aim should be to set the capacity for the expected crowd in the big games.
Even with a 60,000 seater we won't fill it for every game
I get the use of a season ticket for 5/6 games a season
After that all I can get is restricted view seats and I've had too many crap ones in the past to bother now except for the really big games if I can get one.
We won't fill 60,000 for a game against Huddersfield ( all due respect to Huddersfield ) or Brighton (same respect ) on a mon night in Jan
We would sell out for maybe 10/12 games a season depending on game day and time.
I've been messed around too many times by sky changing fixtures that the amount of times I'll go has been cut back.
Walk ups are grand on a sat or Sunday afternoon but other times make it difficult for everyone else bar those that live local

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back