Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Can’t be bothered to be honest
Sick to death of fans who continually moan about everything connected to the club.
New signings - crap before we’ve seen them
New manager - crap
New stadium - will be crap
Think I’ll take a well deserved rest from the moanfest......

I'm with you on being frustrated about the constant negativity about the club, but I agree with it regarding any suggestion of moving to a 50K stadium (which isn't happening anyway, but for argument sake we can discuss it). In 2001 the Kings Dock project was being discussed with a potential 55K Capacity. At that time we were averaging 33-34K and had been a bottom half side for most of the previous decade with barely any money to spend.

We are now getting our best crowds consistently during the PL era and we sell out every away allocation with ease (which can only be matched by clubs who are constantly winning things) unless the FA screw us over and send us to places like Newcastle mid week when we're in poor form where we still sell more tickets than all clubs except the ones currently winning things. The simple fact is that Everton have one of the biggest matchgoing fanbases in the country, we always have and still do.

So why would Evertonians be content with the club reducing their 'ambitions' by 5K despite Everton home games being far more popular than they were in the early 2000's whilst loads of clubs who used to be considered near to us in fanbase (City, West Ham, Spurs) have now moved or are moving to 55K-61K Stadiums? We are being left behind and not just by the very top clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool but by Spurs and West Ham. To accept a Capacity in the same bracket as Sunderland, and below Newcastle United would be embarrassing.

Can’t be bothered to be honest
Sick to death of fans who continually moan about everything connected to the club.
New signings - crap before we’ve seen them
New manager - crap
New stadium - will be crap
Think I’ll take a well deserved rest from the moanfest......
If you can’t be bothered to justify your point in a debate, don’t have a go at fans willing to defend their views.

They wont.

The Club are giving The Echo less and less exclusive news. They'll be the last to know about the finer details of the Stadium.

Agreed. I know for certain from a while back that the Echo were well behind when revealing 'Stadium Info' and were basically using other sources to try and claim like they knew what was going on.

They were coming out with the potential 50K capacity as soon as Joe Anderson revealed that proposed figure in that early document, think around March time.

Agreed. I know for certain from a while back that the Echo were well behind when revealing 'Stadium Info' and were basically using other sources to try and claim like they knew what was going on.

They were coming out with the potential 50K capacity as soon as Joe Anderson revealed that proposed figure in that early document, think around March time.

Oh, very interesting.

Very suspect behaviour from a so called Evertonian in my opinion. Loads of RS giving it the usual lies about how we never sell out so some nice ammunition for them there from Phil. One of our fans posted a picture of the full away section which Tom Davies had gone over to further down.

Had a look and Gavin Buckland does seem to be a blue from his Twitter, but he was surprisingly negative on that podcast if he does support us. "I think 45K would be fine" lol.

I listened to the podcast last night, couldn’t believe the negativity. All of them saying 50k. And buckland saying 45k was incredible.

Should GTF on with that as they said they would then eh?

imagine the commonwealth games bid WAS won by Liverpool and they were reliant on our board / club to build the stadium on time etc etc etc..

its a bloody good job we never won the bid really .. how embarassing

imagine the commonwealth games bid WAS won by Liverpool and they were reliant on our board / club to build the stadium on time etc etc etc..

its a bloody good job we never won the bid really .. how embarassing

Assuming of course that any delay that there might be is down to the board......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back