Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Conservative estimates here....

More corp (5k in total, presuming we have 1k now) - 4,000
ST waiting list (14k on this?) - 3,000
Walk-ups (better facilities, non-isolated seating who would go now to obstructed view GP) - 2,000
New stadium bounce (usually massive but will be smaller as we already have 40k) - 3,000
More accessible stadium (on the Merseyrail network, walking distance from town etc) - 2,000

Takes us to 54,000. Anything less than 60k is ridicuous.

Walk-ups (better facilities, non-isolated seating who would go now to obstructed view GP) - 2,000
New stadium bounce (usually massive but will be smaller as we already have 40k) - 3,000
More accessible stadium (on the Merseyrail network, walking distance from town etc) - 2,000

ive got visions of dan meis being called on a daily basis..

'hi dan, its mr moshiri here, weve changed our minds again, can we have more toilets in the cheeseroom and if need be take 5000 more seats out the new gwladys end.. 34,000 seat will do us just fine..

I just thought that this needed re-mentioning.

Build it, sell the tickets at the right price, play well, people will ask why we didn't build more seats.

I missed out the steps of designing it, getting planning permission and finances and infrastructure in place and keeping open lines of communication with all interested parties, because, duh, obviously only an incompetent organisation wouldn't have done or be doing all that as we get to page 2581 of this thread.

IF TRUE, the only reason I can think that the club would for for a 50k seat stadium would be restrictions placed on the capacity by the dock site.

I said on here to Esk ages ago that the BM site alone would struggle to accommodate a large stadium. Even at that I assumed it would have to be on an east-west axis. At the time I thought that Nelson Dock (or part of) might also be included.

The leaked engineering drawings show a proposal for a north-south stadium on the BM site only, with very limited space for access/egress to the north, south and west stands.

It might be the case that they have been looking a different workable solutions for a larger stadium, but can't come up with one. That would explain the delays in releasing details.

Or not.

His logic behind the 45k is so flawed it’s beyond ridiculous yet he’s defending himself on Twitter sayin “evidence” proves it.

45k results in around only 1000 extra general admission seats.

Its a tough one with the Stadium tbh. Currently i dont think we'd even get close to selling out a 60,000 seater stadium, however if we start competing and winning trophies that will change. But it doesnt look like thats going to happen any time soon.

45,000 is ridiculous and shouldnt be consider, 50,000 likewise. I think 55,000 is a reasonable size to start with HOWEVER, it must be able to be expanded on when necessary.

I think you have to look at the capacity issue outside of Goodision eyes even if its 50k or 55k, the site and design will obviously be future proofed to be expanded if or when the need arose.

Personally i would like to see 60k initially. I think it will be 50k for regular souls and 10k corporate, that were the real money is made. Currenlty our average attendences are 38-40k

His logic behind the 45k is so flawed it’s beyond ridiculous yet he’s defending himself on Twitter sayin “evidence” proves it.

45k results in around only 1000 extra general admission seats.

No logic required, he is just a massive bell. Probably gets more listeners by saying something controversial than that based of sound analysis and fact.

The minimum required is 55k, if the TV market disappeard we would be back to being reliant on the income the stadium can generate. To build something smaller than Newcastle, West Ham, RS and Spurs (much smaller in the case of 3 of these) would show serious mismanagement.

The only way we should accept 50k is if that is all we can possibly afford to be able to move to the docks. In that case it is worth it to get our feet under the table and we could look to expand once settled but we all know expansion would probably be always mañana and this is why it should be built to an appropriate size to start with.

True though isn’t it?

This club is a shambles and none of us should be confident about anything they do. Unless you’re bang into blind hope?
Why is it a shambles ?
We are at present mid table after a disaster of a start to the football season.
We spent more money in a transfer window than any of us could have dreamt of and some of those players are taking longer to settle than we would have hoped, but in time I expect Keane as well as Vlasic and Sigurdsson to be worth their fee alongside Pickford of course.
I think Klaasen may prove to be the player that we will take the biggest hit on.
Meantime we are inching towards an iconic new stadium which will lift our profile higher than ever before.

We are having a disappointing season on the pitch but the club is hardly a shambles.

Why is it a shambles ?
We are at present mid table after a disaster of a start to the football season.
We spent more money in a transfer window than any of us could have dreamt of and some of those players are taking longer to settle than we would have hoped, but in time I expect Keane as well as Vlasic and Sigurdsson to be worth their fee alongside Pickford of course.
I think Klaasen may prove to be the player that we will take the biggest hit on.
Meantime we are inching towards an iconic new stadium which will lift our profile higher than ever before.

We are having a disappointing season on the pitch but the club is hardly a shambles.
when was the last time the Everton board did something that made you think, 'wow, we really are moving forward ... the club is in excellent hands' ???

There are plenty around who do not want to believe this stadium is going to happen and the consolation prize for them is that it will be smaller or just second rate.

They can continue to fool themselves into believing whatever they want. This will not affect what it will be by one inch. The times they are a changing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back