Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

I stand corrected. Still don't think they're great though.

Yeah, it's hard to gauge any detail from them, possibly deliberately so? As I said, my guess is these were ready to be released if Liverpool was announced as the host city. Something for the papers and TV to show with the bid logo plastered on the side, but nothing too detailed.

The T&F set up also shows long jump areas, and we know this was going to be moved outside the stadium according to Liverpool 2022's bid (presumably to save on width and not compromise the football stadium). So I think these illustrations are to give a taste of it based very much on Meis' (ongoing?) designs but are a bit lacking in the real detail we want to see.

If tender documentation is out, then a full & detailed stadium design has been completed some time ago. I'm a chartered Quantity Surveyor by trade.

I'm very surprised nothing has been leaked, although it's fair to say that all contractors have probably had to sign a NDA.

On the other hand, it could just be an inquiry from the designer to begin to finalise final loads as part of the detailed design.

On the other hand, it could just be an inquiry from the designer to begin to finalise final loads as part of the detailed design.
Wouldn't be a 'tender' it would be a request for a quote or specifications. A tender is when the construction company tells the supplier exactly what they want and asks them to quote for the work.

If they are tendering the lift package, usually part of the fit out, you can summise that the design is pretty much complete.

Someone else alluded to another tender package - it seems we are a lot further down the road than I’d first thought.

Who knows, we may just get a model or schematic at the AGM this evening .......

Wishful thinking!

For those of us who have an opinion but haven't a clue what we're talking about, are tenders done for pretty much every aspect of a build?

There will be several tender submissions from several building contractors who have been approved to quote on a tender list by the design team appointed by Everton.

Each contractor interested in the stadium build will tender separate work packages, for example, escalators & lifts. These packages in addition to their profit, attendances & overheads will form the contract price submitted.

It might be that Everton have a preferred construction partner, I’ve not heard, meaning they will negotiate directly with one party.

Tendering is a complex issue but the hints that subcontract works packages are out & circulating suggests things are moving at pace.

Everton still have to find the £500,000,000 though ...... which could still prove to be the elephant in the room.

For those of us who have an opinion but haven't a clue what we're talking about, are tenders done for pretty much every aspect of a build?

A tender invite will be sent out by the client and their design team. A number of main contractors will then be given the opportunity to bid/tender for the work. The main contractor will, as part of this tender package form a team comprising of a number of subcontractors, covering all aspects of the build. Normally partnering with an MEP subcontractor due to the size of the MEP package. They will work together to get the price that they submit. As part of that price they will have to go through a process of pricing with suppliers for all aspects of the work, yes.

I have it on good authority that right now, stood on the stage of the Phil is a mock up of the stadium with a white sheet over it. Right next to it is a lanky person stood very still, also covered with a white sheet. Someone has reported strange calls of "K'off ye tiddly", followed by "wah ye wah".

If they are tendering the lift package, usually part of the fit out, you can summise that the design is pretty much complete.

Someone else alluded to another tender package - it seems we are a lot further down the road than I’d first thought.

Who knows, we may just get a model or schematic at the AGM this evening .......

Wishful thinking!
Great diversion tactics from Everton!

As late as 2023, 2 years after the mysterious 100ft white sheets went up to shroud Bramley Moore Docks, we'll be getting reports on this thread from painter decorators about quotes for painting the changing rooms. Not saying we should be cynical though.

There will be several tender submissions from several building contractors who have been approved to quote on a tender list by the design team appointed by Everton.

Each contractor interested in the stadium build will tender separate work packages, for example, escalators & lifts. These packages in addition to their profit, attendances & overheads will form the contract price submitted.

It might be that Everton have a preferred construction partner, I’ve not heard, meaning they will negotiate directly with one party.

Tendering is a complex issue but the hints that subcontract works packages are out & circulating suggests things are moving at pace.

Everton still have to find the £500,000,000 though ...... which could still prove to be the elephant in the room.
Thanks for clearing that up. Can the club insist on a late penalty clause or does that practice usually lead to inflated initial quotes?

No contractor has been appointed though.
Which makes me believe we are not talking about 'tenders'. I think it is highly unlikely that either Everton or Meiss will co-ordinate tenders for separate work packages. We would surely put out to tender for a main contractor who would then sub-contract. It is conceivable that parties interested in becoming the main contractor are obtaining tenders for separate work packages to enable them to tender for the entire build? I admit that this is not my area of expertise, just doesn't seem likely that we would not have a main contractor doing this kind of thing for such a complicated and major project.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back