Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Which makes me believe we are not talking about 'tenders'. I think it is highly unlikely that either Everton or Meiss will co-ordinate tenders for separate work packages. We would surely put out to tender for a main contractor who would then sub-contract. It is conceivable that parties interested in becoming the main contractor are obtaining tenders for separate work packages to enable them to tender for the entire build? I admit that this is not my area of expertise, just doesn't seem likely that we would not have a main contractor doing this kind of thing for such a complicated and major project.

More likely the consultant / designer getting something into their specification.

Which will get ripped apart by the time a main contractor is appointed.

If they are tendering the lift package, usually part of the fit out, you can summise that the design is pretty much complete.

Someone else alluded to another tender package - it seems we are a lot further down the road than I’d first thought.

Who knows, we may just get a model or schematic at the AGM this evening .......

Wishful thinking!

A model exists. there was a photoshoot at USMFF a couple of months ago with it. All the key figures were there, including Mosh, Meis, Anderson etc.

Delays have been down to costs as far as I'm aware, as we want to maximise capacity but it comes at a premium. Hopefully we're close.
Whether it's close enough for a big reveal tonight, I honestly don't know. Someone has told me that it definitely is happening tonight but I won't betray their confidence and I've not heard it from anywhere else so I'm not guaranteeing.

Thanks for clearing that up. Can the club insist on a late penalty clause or does that practice usually lead to inflated initial quotes?

LD's or LAD's (Liquidated & Ascertained Damages) is a sub-clause forming part of the main construction contract issued to the contractor by the client via the lead Design Team.

The stadium build might be a 24 month construction duration (the contractor will provide a construction programme) written into the main contract, with LAD's set at £100,000 a week (as an example) for every week over the scheduled completion date provided the contractor cannot prove that he has been unreasonable held up (variations to scope, etc during the construction phase).

A model exists. there was a photoshoot at USMFF a couple of months ago with it. All the key figures were there, including Mosh, Meis, Anderson etc.

Delays have been down to costs as far as I'm aware, as we want to maximise capacity but it comes at a premium. Hopefully we're close.
Whether it's close enough for a big reveal tonight, I honestly don't know. Someone has told me that it definitely is happening tonight but I won't betray their confidence and I've not heard it from anywhere else so I'm not guaranteeing.

have you seen the model and if so did you count how many seats it had? :p

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

Farewell. And I will NEVER apologise for telling the TRUTH

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

It is not a bowl.

CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH

Oh god @Moomin , time to fire up the vaults

This will be INCREDIBLE.

@DerbyshireAndHarper you will be crushed.

The further it goes on, the more wrong he is. He called me a troll when i said our new stadium would be part of the bid and a temp track would be used in it. He states below this would not be the case.

I said from the off Birmingham would win due to the teams they got in to do a case study.

He also says the design of the stadium would be out before the conclusion of the commonwealth games outcome, wrong again.

And he had the audacity to claim to be the victim when pulled up on it.

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl. There is no running track. Why do you think Anderson suddenly started throwing Manchester's name around as hosting some of the events in recent days? Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. Glasgow hosted the 2014 games. Opening & closing ceremonies at Celtic Park (no running track) and athletics at Hampden Park in a different city, Edinburgh. That's what Anderson is referring to - the athletics being held in Manchester.

Really wish I could say more but I can't and I realise that makes me look like the usual dreaded self-styled ITK on here but it's gonna be a 58000 four sided stadium with one side being a massive one tier 15-20000 seater 'kop' stand (for want of a better word). There is not going to be a running track under any circumstances. That's not in Dan's design, that's not the wish of the club, the club realise what a total PR disaster it would be, and they've learned from the West Ham situation, as referenced by Dan himself on Twitter.

The Commonwealth Games bid really has no real influence at all on the design and building of this new stadium. I appreciate some people find that hard to believe due to Joe at times trying to marry up the two concepts together but that really is the case. The design for the BMD stadium will be out long before the outcome of the Commonwealth Games bid is known and they're not putting a running track in on the off chance that Liverpool gets awarded the games, nor is there any contingency plan to change the design and insert a track if the bid is successful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back