Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

A lot of very negative posters on here, reacting I would guess to conjecture and rumours. We all understand your reasons for being sceptical as we have been through a lot of false dawns alongside you...but what will you all do if they actually manage to pull this waterfront stadium off?

Celebrate the news on my private jet to New York while getting a blozzer off two glamour models mate.

Sadly there isn't one realistic part of this scenario.

sorry but this was always a pipe dream, never in a million years could this bunch of inept idiots build a new "iconic" stadium on the banks of the mersey

dread to think how much time and money has been wasted on this debacle

Without being in the know at all, my hunch still tells me we will be moving there. It doesn't have to be a 300-500 million pound stadium. It is possible the funding agreement with the council could get canned but that just means the designs and specs would be altered to what we can afford.

A lot of very negative posters on here, reacting I would guess to conjecture and rumours. We all understand your reasons for being sceptical as we have been through a lot of false dawns alongside you...but what will you all do if they actually manage to pull this waterfront stadium off?

I can tell you that what I posted is not a rumour. The council do not have a lender lined up, when they do it needs to go through the usual due diligence and audit and it needs to be presented for sign off.

The problem is that there is a lot of infighting with LCC and councillors are coming under scrutiny from their residents over cuts to public services whilst Joe is talking about £300m loans

Liverpool Council is a political bomb and its used as a stage fight ongoing grievances that have been stagnant for years

Joe is struggling to get Council buy in. Members are taking a lot of heat from residents, especially those in lower income areas. He’s going with the “if it doesn’t benefit the city then we won’t go with it”

It’s on a knife edge at the minute
in other words
RS supporters who don't have a clue how regeneration works as they've been going to the pit, in an area deliberately run down by their own club so they could buy out local residents on the cheap.
marvellous

I can tell you that what I posted is not a rumour. The council do not have a lender lined up, when they do it needs to go through the usual due diligence and audit and it needs to be presented for sign off.

The problem is that there is a lot of infighting with LCC and councillors are coming under scrutiny from their residents over cuts to public services whilst Joe is talking about £300m loans

Liverpool Council is a political bomb and its used as a stage fight ongoing grievances that have been stagnant for years

I am sure he is getting a lot of flak as Councillors field the inevitable questions from their constituents. Doesn't mean it won't happen though. Just means their has to be a period of explanation supported by sound business reasons for doing it to the benefit of the City of Liverpool. Before Christmas people were questioning Moshiri/Usmanov with the Paradise papers. Relatively quiet now yet a number of posters at the time claimed Joe was getting serious heat then over the SPV. This will be more difficult but I just don't think Anderson would be out there on limb pedalling something that he absolutely cannot deliver. The football is bad enough, so until I hear different, I am going to consider myself a believer, as constant negatively is unhealthy & gets you nowhere.

I am sure he is getting a lot of flak as Councillors field the inevitable questions from their constituents. Doesn't mean it won't happen though. Just means their has to be a period of explanation supported by sound business reasons for doing it to the benefit of the City of Liverpool. Before Christmas people were questioning Moshiri/Usmanov with the Paradise papers. Relatively quiet now yet a number of posters at the time claimed Joe was getting serious heat then over the SPV. This will be more difficult but I just don't think Anderson would be out there on limb pedalling something that he absolutely cannot deliver. The football is bad enough, so until I hear different, I am going to consider myself a believer, as constant negatively is unhealthy & gets you nowhere.

You mean like telling the world that’ll we be building 3 new mersey ferries and they’ll be built in Birkenhead.

Until someone told him about eu procurement rules.

Joe says a lot and while I’m not saying that it won’t happen I’m just saying the political field is becoming a bit more difficult because there’s a lot of “movement” behind the scenes and a certain political powerhouse has a pull with some other members that may wish to derail big Joe’s tenure

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back