Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

If the full council approve the loan it goes to the debt management office of the Treasury. The government will certainly call it in to finalise planning permission. So two big hurdles after the council.
i seem to recall that the govt have already said they wouldnt call this in to be reviewed as it falls under the local regeneration planning rules.

Full Labour Group meeting is on Monday where they will vote on JA's revised plans.
Expected to get it through - based on assurances over what happens if Everton go down etc.
If that did happen (and it shouldn't!), Everton would be monumentally broke. Think Coventry/Leeds etc. All our TV money, season ticket money, player sales money etc - would be going to pay whatever the council were owed first and foremost. As long as JA can convince enough people that that's a safe model for the city of Liverpool, it should get the required votes.

Still has to be passed by District Auditor and Cabinet after the group has approved it.

Has this vote been reported anywhere? Only place I’ve heard it talked about it on here!

Also, should the worst happen and we go tits up, I extremely doubt the council will asset strip the club to the lower leagues. We’re the second biggest money spinner in this city.

Has this vote been reported anywhere? Only place I’ve heard it talked about it on here!

Also, should the worst happen and we go tits up, I extremely doubt the council will asset strip the club to the lower leagues. We’re the second biggest money spinner in this city.
It's not a public vote tbf. It's a vote of Labour group members. I'm not a Labour member so not privy to these things. Not sure how confidential it is tbh

Full Labour Group meeting is on Monday where they will vote on JA's revised plans.
Expected to get it through - based on assurances over what happens if Everton go down etc.
If that did happen (and it shouldn't!), Everton would be monumentally broke. Think Coventry/Leeds etc. All our TV money, season ticket money, player sales money etc - would be going to pay whatever the council were owed first and foremost. As long as JA can convince enough people that that's a safe model for the city of Liverpool, it should get the required votes.

Still has to be passed by District Auditor and Cabinet after the group has approved it.
When do you think the District Auditor and Cabinet will view it and make the call?

Slightly off tangent but was listening on Talksport the other day that Mike Ashleigh was delaying on the sale of Newcastle as he was awaiting the details of the new Premier League TV rights deal in the belief that they were again going to show strong growth on previous deals hence valuing Newcastle at an even higher value.

Perhaps the club/proposed funders are also awaiting details of the new TV deal on the basis that again, if there is the expected increase in value to the clubs, this decreases the financial risk somewhat and hence leads to lower borrowing costs?

Pure speculation on my part but plenty of that going on in this thread right now.

As Arch Stanton said, I was under the impression this falls under local decision making rather than national, hence Joe's confidence to get it agreed. The_La seem to have inside info on the process. Is it likely that the auditor or cabinet would stop it happening?

The land at SBC has gone.
That is what I thought too. That boat has sailed hasn't it?

Drove past that site on my last visit to Liverpool. Might have been okay as a location, saving us a lot of dosh. But does not compare to a location on the waterfront which explains the Kopites dread at the thought of it happening.

so if we went down and had to sell off some players which players do you think would bring in the most funds to payback the council .. stones, barkley and lukaku have gone,

Disgraceful! Moshiri supposedly has all this money and yet he didn't keep that land as back up in case the BMD move failed!?
Are you being serious?

SC isn't his land to keep. Also, the funding for the stadium build is the problem, not the site. What makes you think we would get funding to build a stadium at SC but not the waterfront?

Have the rates been received from lenders? Last I heard they haven’t so I don’t see how this can be presented with no assurances on RoI.

For some reason I can imagine Ashley Williams in a digger dropping rubble into Bramley Moore Dock and eating his doorstep butties at lunch break in his hard hat. Stuart Barlow doing the scaffolding. Joe Parkinson on the plastering. Graeme Stuart on the painting and decorating. Tim Cahill is running the catering out of a converted VW van. Fancy a mural? Get in Pistone and a group of kids from the local community to get a design up. Problem with the union rep Big Fat Sam? You betcha know how to grease that wheel!

Don't get bogged down in worrying about finances and planning regulations and actual designs! Live in a fantasy land, which Everton great or no-so-great is building your Everton stadium?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back