Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

The funding (council), and challenges that may come with building on the dock will be the two biggest hurdles.

While major developments do usually have some opposition, the council will only consider serious/credible objections. These usually come from residents in the immediate vicinity. There aren't many residents that will be impacted here. The stadium is part of a larger docklands redevelopment that will be a huge boost to the city. Infrastructure is being prepared to cope of the redevelopment of the area. I doubt that there will be many credible objections to the PP.
It'll be called in by the sec of state.

Absolutely no question.

Dave complains about the club not progressing, and when we try to, he has to try and put his negative spin on it. The club cannot win with fans like him, he seems to have this desire to find fault in almost everything about the club.

He loves using the word risk to make the project sound negative, or as if it is about to fail. You could use the word risk in association with any major project including all new Stadium builds. Anyone would think he doesn't actually want to see a top class Stadium built at BMD so he can continue to be negative in pretty much every post and say 'I told you so' to those on here he enjoys winding up.
My concerns on this BMD is that it's good for EFC, not what it does for Moshiri and Joe Anderson and LCC.

The cost-benefit of this scheme would have to be explained to me given the likely sky-rocketing bills around debt repayment. It might do for Moshiri that we wont see any significant revenue in the short to medium term but not for the club. And the long term nature of the debt is something we should be VERY wary of.

This is a 139 year old institution and needs safeguarding from possible/probably carpet baggers who try and rail road us into projects that could ruin us.

He’s at it again lol

“No question”

With your fabled crystal ball you should do the lottery and the Mosh out
The impact is so great on the local and regional economy, of course it would be called in. The regional plan would be challenged by a 5 billion pound development.

To me I see the wider picture than just a new stadium. The whole area needs redevelopment which is what Peel are looking to. If this does proceed the benefit to the City would be enormous, but it will take time.

Dave talks about objections:-

Transportation, beg pardon what issues are involving that? Road, railway cannot see it myself.

Conservation, HHmmm apart from the tower, a building and the wall what is there to conserve?

Nearby authorities, oh yeah. Bootle will object my sainted aunt, they would like to see something done. Who else? Sefton? Lancs? you are having a laugh Dave.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back