Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

The Bramley Moore dock is within Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City World Heritage Site though.

The hydraulic tower and dock retaining walls are Grade II listed buildings.

So there are bound to be opponents of the scheme.

Unesco have already threatened to remove the world heritage status of the Liverpool waterfront if the project goes ahead.

Which has been met with a fairly firm, OK then..... In October the council set up a WHS working group to assess the impact of losing the status. I would say that was effevtively paying lip service to answer the questions they expect to field. The moment PP is passed, expect WHS to be removed. It doesn't bring in the kind of money and investment in the local economy that Liverpool Waters will, so what do the council actually care, really?

Let's hope that there are even bigger players in the background - Russian, Chinese, Arabs - I don't care . If they regenerate north Liverpool whilst at the same time regenerating Everton, I'll take it every time. We just bought another 20mill player today and we are doing it without blinking. I remember when we signed Fellaini and we were also so pleased at our biggest ever signing. Long term we may end up like Leeds but my gut feeling is that won't happen. Until a couple of years ago, I was fed up with trying to hang on in there. Now we have wasted a load of money and I'm fed up again, but the good thing is it looks like there was plenty more where that came from.
I have a feeling it will be Chinese Yuans flowing into the blues.

On ignore so have no idea what’s been said.
Yep, but it is still pretty easy to work out what cr@p he is coming out with though. This is bad, that is bad, this won’t work, that won’t work. And it is all fact, not opinion. And I can prove it all but choose not to.

I’m still convinced it is a Chico multi on a major wind up and not a real person.

Yep, but it is still pretty easy to work out what cr@p he is coming out with though. This is bad, that is bad, this won’t work, that won’t work. And it is all fact, not opinion. And I can prove it all but choose not to.

I’m still convinced it is a Chico multi on a major wind up and not a real person.

Must have a shed load of time on his hands to be fair

I've got him on ignore but it still ruins threads, many threads become a personal argument forum. I much prefered it when he was on RAWK winding up the kopites.

Which has been met with a fairly firm, OK then..... In October the council set up a WHS working group to assess the impact of losing the status. I would say that was effevtively paying lip service to answer the questions they expect to field. The moment PP is passed, expect WHS to be removed. It doesn't bring in the kind of money and investment in the local economy that Liverpool Waters will, so what do the council actually care, really?
But isn't that part of the whole selling point of a new stadium on that site: that it is part of a unique location with iconic status?

Great publicity too - the stadium that removed world heritage status from the city of Liverpool's waterfront....and what a legacy for the Liverpool Mayor. Well in Joe...another gold star moment for your memoirs.

But isn't that part of the whole selling point of a new stadium on that site: that it is part of a unique location with iconic status?

Great publicity too - the stadium that removed world heritage status from the city of Liverpool's waterfront....and what a legacy for the Liverpool Mayor. Well in Joe...another gold star moment for your memoirs.

It all depends on what you want for the City Dave. If you want the City to continue as it is, then fine, keep the WHS and all the restrictions that brings. However, there is little that can be done to the waterfront and also maintain the the WHS, which is why on the original masterplan it was purely housing, flats/apartments etc. placed around the dock structures. That also led to the belief that it would take 20-30 years to complete the development, because it would be very difficult to sell housing in that area in the docklands current state. It would only be realistic to expect house purchases to hit their expected values once the LW development had been completed up to Nelson and BMD, or at least 90% done.

I am very much of the view that the City of Liverpool deserves better and will benefit from the investment that will be created by an expedited LW development. If the building of Evertons ground does, as is expected, cut the time for development completion down by a third then it will be a huge boost for the area in what is proving to be very tough times for the city, once again under Tory rule and their austerity cuts. This isn't just something that Everton needs, but something that the City needs. The expected £900m economy boost from the stadium alone is much more that we can expect from WHS in the same period, or even longer. The numbers make sense for whats happening. Also, we're in a much better position to be making these decisions now, as the Tory Govt is keen to give local regions the freedom to make their own decisions with RE fundraising, especially if it doesn't come from their own purse. That's why I feel it is even less likely to be called in.

For crying out aloud Dave, the status brings sod all to Liverpool in jobs and investment and the city has still got a huge area of derelict dockland that, that status has failed to address. With the stadium and the rest of Peel's development promises one hell of a lot more than that status has ever given.

It all depends on what you want for the City Dave. If you want the City to continue as it is, then fine, keep the WHS and all the restrictions that brings. However, there is little that can be done to the waterfront and also maintain the the WHS, which is why on the original masterplan it was purely housing, flats/apartments etc. placed around the dock structures. That also led to the belief that it would take 20-30 years to complete the development, because it would be very difficult to sell housing in that area in the docklands current state. It would only be realistic to expect house purchases to hit their expected values once the LW development had been completed up to Nelson and BMD, or at least 90% done.

I am very much of the view that the City of Liverpool deserves better and will benefit from the investment that will be created by an expedited LW development. If the building of Evertons ground does, as is expected, cut the time for development completion down by a third then it will be a huge boost for the area in what is proving to be very tough times for the city, once again under Tory rule and their austerity cuts. This isn't just something that Everton needs, but something that the City needs. The expected £900m economy boost from the stadium alone is much more that we can expect from WHS in the same period, or even longer. The numbers make sense for whats happening. Also, we're in a much better position to be making these decisions now, as the Tory Govt is keen to give local regions the freedom to make their own decisions with RE fundraising, especially if it doesn't come from their own purse. That's why I feel it is even less likely to be called in.
Loss of World Heritage Status would also lose money for the city too. Only Dresden has ever been stripped of it and they experienced a fall in tourist numbers.

It's loss couldn't be sold as anything other than a huge international embarrassment for the city. And Everton would be positioned as the noisy family who came into the neighbourhood and destroyed the good name of the area.

C517BEAA-8D40-49B6-9FDC-2DAB663D543E.webp
The first apartment block on the derelict Central docks is expected to start construction this month , it begins.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back