Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

So if Moshiri funds the other 'X' amount of millions, I take it that we only have to pay the LCC loan plus whatever we agree on top of that?

That suddenly sounds not quite so good. That could mean he has got to raise the extra cash and not that it's directly coming out of his bank account interest free.

No, it means he has either raised the cash, (doubtful imo, other than the usual suspect), or he has committed to the balance. Maybe a bit of both.

If you take an EFC glasses off, it makes pure sense. The ONLY way the valuation of the club improves. a lot, is with a new shiny stadium. The major kick start to the docks development is said stadium. Ergo. $$$$$$$$

If Moshiri funds the balance, or he has a USM shaped mate to help him, either way, this to me looks done. Newts notwithstanding.

Random objections will be par the course. IMO, all the planning has been soft soaped ages ago.

If the cash is secured, its done. End of.
Yeah, feeling a lot more confident about this going ahead now.

Think the next month will be quite telling and hopefully we’ll get some idea of the capacity/designs by the end of the season.

I dont know. I'm just posing the question. What could make a man forward without any sort of security or gain £220M?

The security is he owns the club. Like building an extension on your house.

Then lob in my long held view that the docks is the prize, makes total sense to me. That said, surprised he is apparently chucking the cash in himself. If when the cards are turned, he actually does.

Joe Anderson today saying that Moshiri is going to be putting the difference between the council's £280M and (what he describes as) the near £500M required for the stadium build. That's quite a statement to make.

He also said that EFC would be charged the £7M in interest rate and LCC would get another £1.4M in business rates off the club per annum.

Oh, and Everton have been trying to buy back FF from the council but it's earning £240k per annum for LCC so he wont budge on selling it back.

I still think that difference is EASY for Mosh to come up with. Naming rights are coming right from USM. You better believe that. Usmanov's lack of ownership has allowed him to be a proxy owner and just send us cashola to get his brand out there.

Beyond that, PSLs, other future revenue streams could cover that difference I think pretty darn easily. Cost overruns to me are the biggest concern. The good part is that once they break down, Moshiri is all in. If we made 41M outside of broadcasting, don't you think a new stadium along with new deals (killing kitbag), that we've double that once we are in the new stadium? Might even triple it since we don't really get ANY income from naming rights as is. It wouldn't seem to be too hard to get financial for 5 years or so once it's completed, similar to what Tottenham got.

The council funding is the issue to me. It would GREATLY simplify everything.

Positive news I think, if Moshiri can stump up 220 million pounds or thereabouts directly or indirectly to help this then he is entitled to all the potential profit resulting from it, with bells on.

He has made mistakes, and lots of them, but he would be a club legend if this comes to pass. The legacy of a completed build and its impact on Everton would be felt for generations to come and can't be underestimated.

I still think that difference is EASY for Mosh to come up with. Naming rights are coming right from USM. You better believe that. Usmanov's lack of ownership has allowed him to be a proxy owner and just send us cashola to get his brand out there.

Beyond that, PSLs, other future revenue streams could cover that difference I think pretty darn easily. Cost overruns to me are the biggest concern. The good part is that once they break down, Moshiri is all in. If we made 41M outside of broadcasting, don't you think a new stadium along with new deals (killing kitbag), that we've double that once we are in the new stadium? Might even triple it since we don't really get ANY income from naming rights as is. It wouldn't seem to be too hard to get financial for 5 years or so once it's completed, similar to what Tottenham got.

The council funding is the issue to me. It would GREATLY simplify everything.

Firstly what the heck is Usmanov's brand.

He isn't a brand he is a very wealthy individual with a very diverse portfolio of investments. USM is a holding company for a series of investments. Publicising the name adds the square root of [Poor language removed] all to it's value. It is not like City where Etihad is the name of a whole host of businesses. You advertise the brand not the holding company behind the brand.

If we end up with the naming rights coming from USM then it is just a ruse to avoid us falling foul of FFP regulations.

Secondly why would a new stadium open up other revenue streams. If we end up with naming rights on the Stadium then they are likely to want to call the shots in a similar way to Arsenal where Emirates ended up being on the Stadium and on the shirts.

well after the investigation mosh with the one who shall not be named, but co owns usm and who bought the other part of moshi's share. Then put in an offer in excess of £1b which was rejected. Then didnt he put in an offer for anderlecht, which doesnt seem to make much sense to me but more to distract the attention from the link between him and everton.
Im guessing there hasnt been anymore news on him going for anderlect, also with moshri now putting in his money to fund the stadium im guessing ehs going to buy out the shares that he had previously agreed with bill.
Opening the door for ermm maybe a very good friend of his who could put in the investment .. no idea who like

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back