Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

The security is he owns the club. Like building an extension on your house.

Then lob in my long held view that the docks is the prize, makes total sense to me. That said, surprised he is apparently chucking the cash in himself. If when the cards are turned, he actually does.
Perhaps the original plan was the CW games but the prize of the docks is too good to miss so the plan was always to fund it himself if he couldn't get another lender.

Is so then thank god we didn't get the CW games. I know it may have made this harder and perhaps riskier but at least now there is absolutely no reason to compromise the design of the stadium.

Of course there is still a chance Anderson misspoke. It wouldn't be the first time.

The only way Moshiri and the board make a profit is if the club pay for the stadium. See the Arsenal model as described by Usmanov in a letter to the new Arsenal board after the new stadium was built.

See Usmanov's letter to the Arsenal Board, para 9:

"The previous decision by the Board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing. If it had been, it would have been funded through a mixture of debt and non-dividend equity. Instead it allowed, in our view, the major shareholders of the time, who happened to all be Board directors, to load the Club with a liability, to benefit from increased future revenue streams and consequent increase in the value of their holdings, whilst avoiding dilution of their equity. The Board of the time then appeared to pursue a policy of increasing ticket prices and squeezing the fans to cover the short term cost increases which allowed them to bridge until all of these shareholders and Board directors sold 100% of their holdings and cashed out at vast profits."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18725835

I still think that difference is EASY for Mosh to come up with. Naming rights are coming right from USM. You better believe that. Usmanov's lack of ownership has allowed him to be a proxy owner and just send us cashola to get his brand out there.

Beyond that, PSLs, other future revenue streams could cover that difference I think pretty darn easily. Cost overruns to me are the biggest concern. The good part is that once they break down, Moshiri is all in. If we made 41M outside of broadcasting, don't you think a new stadium along with new deals (killing kitbag), that we've double that once we are in the new stadium? Might even triple it since we don't really get ANY income from naming rights as is. It wouldn't seem to be too hard to get financial for 5 years or so once it's completed, similar to what Tottenham got.

The council funding is the issue to me. It would GREATLY simplify everything.
There's definitely lots of potential but Spurs' new ground is going to be used for NFL games and perhaps even a new NFL franchise. This makes their naming rights a lot more attractive. We probably shouldn't use them as any kind of metric.

There's definitely lots of potential but Spurs' new ground is going to be used for NFL games and perhaps even a new NFL franchise. This makes their naming rights a lot more attractive. We probably shouldn't use them as any kind of metric.

Spurs haven't got a naming rights partner though they just invented a figure to make the numbers add up.

Massive Stadium naming rights deals come from the States and they only come about because they don't have shirt sponsors.

No, it means he has either raised the cash, (doubtful imo, other than the usual suspect), or he has committed to the balance. Maybe a bit of both.

If you take an EFC glasses off, it makes pure sense. The ONLY way the valuation of the club improves. a lot, is with a new shiny stadium. The major kick start to the docks development is said stadium. Ergo. $$$$$$$$

If Moshiri funds the balance, or he has a USM shaped mate to help him, either way, this to me looks done. Newts notwithstanding.

How do you deduce that?

I don't disagree and it follows my narrative that push come to shove he would put his hands in his pockets. However it would be great from our point of view if we are not taking out finance with anyone else and as he wasn't asked directly will we owe any money other than the loan to the council JA's statement that 'the rest comes from him' could still mean we are getting the funding from different sources. (As per Roydo's comments)

It's still good news but not the conclusive evidence I was hoping for.

we will have to salute him if that is indeed the case...

remember tho we held the 19 shirt for costa and bid 75m on cavani...
I cant see it being true.

Anderson is being loose with his comments.

He's a plate spinner. If he gets asked a question on the cruise terminal he'll say "no problems, we've got that in hand, other agencies are with us, it's a cert". If he's asked about the Royal Hospital he'll say "That's getting done regardless, believe me, The government have assured me". If he gets asked whether the stadium can attract investment "Mr Moshiri has his wealth tied up in property, but he's providing the remaining £220M required".

Everything's doable in Joe's universe.

Joe Anderson today saying that Moshiri is going to be putting the difference between the council's £280M and (what he describes as) the near £500M required for the stadium build. That's quite a statement to make.

He also said that EFC would be charged the £7M in interest rate and LCC would get another £1.4M in business rates off the club per annum.

Oh, and Everton have been trying to buy back FF from the council but it's earning £240k per annum for LCC so he wont budge on selling it back.

I don't know if it's true, but that all has the ring of truth about it and would make it an easier sell to the full council. The stuff about FF ties up with Ryazantsev getting more involved in that area.

If Moshiri does end up funding, either directly or indirectly a good chunk of the stadium costs, then the kopites on the forum, and those who have called him a crook will be absolutely fuming ( For the avoidance of doubt, neither of those two comments are aimed at you ).

I cant see it being true.

Anderson is being loose with his comments.

He's a plate spinner. If he gets asked a question on the cruise terminal he'll say "no problems, we've got that in hand, other agencies are with us, it's a cert". If he's asked about the Royal Hospital he'll say "That's getting done regardless, believe me, The government have assured me". If he gets asked whether the stadium can attract investment "Mr Moshiri has his wealth tied up in property, but he's providing the remaining £220M required".

Everything's doable in Joe's universe.

the proof will be in the pudding I suppose. how long will we have to wait for this pudding though??

anyones guess

True, but add the big wages all new sigings are getting. And with our league position now safe -( touch wood) i’d just inagine the club penny pinching if they were struggling with funding.

with Walcott coming in, weve seen lennon leave , and I think Niasse will be going too. that will even the wages out, and if we get circa 13m for niasse and 1-2m for lennon then our outlay will be only 5m or so.

we will have strengthened up fron which I'm happy with to be honest.

I still think sandro and klassen will be gone too by the end of jan

with Walcott coming in, weve seen lennon leave , and I think Niasse will be going too. that will even the wages out, and if we get circa 13m for niasse and 1-2m for lennon then our outlay will be only 5m or so.

we will have strengthened up fron which I'm happy with to be honest.

I still think sandro and klassen will be gone too by the end of jan
The fact is, if we were struggling for money, we would be selling and not buying.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back