Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Heard a few whispers the away end will be at least partly behind the goal. While I think they are right that it would add to the atmosphere I wouldn't want it unless it's replicated at all PL grounds.

Thanks Mick, possibly sweeping around from the corner then I wonder? Cup games going further into the End perhaps?

I know some of the decision on where to have the away end is based on the safety aspect on away fans entering the stadium, to ensure there isn't a great deal of mixing between fans.

So Everton will have limited options on where to put them, but there still will be options, eg, if it has to be the SW corner, then they could do it as SW side stand leading to the corner, or the corner sweeping to the sides.

Main Stand will be in the west as is traditional surely.
I don't think it matters as much in large modern stadia, as the low winter sun that can blind players is usually blocked out by higher grandstands.

The one thing that still doesn't make sense to me are the dimensions of the site. We've seen images of a north-south orientation, but I can't see how a large stadia can fit into BM on a north south basis and still allow access and egress to the western side of the ground.

I think the safe standing home end is a must

It does mention future-proofing but yeah this end must be ready for that eventuality you'd think.

I don't think it matters as much in large modern stadia, as the low winter sun that can blind players is usually blocked out by higher grandstands.

The one thing that still doesn't make sense to me are the dimensions of the site. We've seen images of a north-south orientation, but I can't see how a large stadia can fit into BM on a north south basis and still allow access and egress to the western side of the ground.

Having it in the west also allows for the best (most corporate) stand to have the prime location wrt the river. Will be a tight fit though.

Thanks Mick, possibly sweeping around from the corner then I wonder? Cup games going further into the End perhaps?

I know some of the decision on where to have the away end is based on the safety aspect on away fans entering the stadium, to ensure there isn't a great deal of mixing between fans.

So Everton will have limited options on where to put them, but there still will be options, eg, if it has to be the SW corner, then they could do it as SW side stand leading to the corner, or the corner sweeping to the sides.

Only rumours I've heard I don't have any inside track. I'm sure there's some on here who know much more.

It'll probably never happen again but the old days of away ends was great but then football was very different then!

I would read it as the opposite. From the corporate lounges, bars and concourses underneath the stand there will be views of the city. If it meant that these areas were on view from the seats in the stand, the opposite stand would be tiny.

Didn’t think of it like that, still suggests an east west pitch though

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back