New Everton Stadium

If we have a good team and sensible pricing we will sell out 60k. No reason why cup games can't be a good chance for kids to come and experience a game for the first time for a nominal fee of a couple of quid.

Anything under 60k would be massively underwhelming.

I agree with you mate, we could. It's when we're not playing well though. Cup games barely attract a crowd of over 30,000 as it is & thats with kids going for £5.

I disagree, like minded fans can all congregate and make noise. Selling out brings it's own problems, there's nowhere for any of the singers to congregate and so that kills the atmosphere.

It's all within reason of course. I don't want to be like Queens Park at Hampden Park!

Fair enough mate, but if you allocate a 'home end' and sit current Gwladys Street season ticket holders there to begin with, you create a space for singers/like minded fans to congregate.

I agree with you mate, we could. It's when we're not playing well though. Cup games barely attract a crowd of over 30,000 as it is & thats with kids going for £5.

No team sells out cup games or mid week games. Etihad Emirates Old Trafford all half empty for certain games. It’s not a reason to skimp on the capacity though. The capacity will say everything about the club. Do they want to have the biggest stadium in Merseyside and one of the biggest in the league? If Elstone is running it expect 45k.

The likelihood is that we'll be in this stadium for upwards of 100 years - if you look at attendance trends for the past 100 years we've had peaks of nearly 80k and troughs of 15k..this is likely to happen in the future so limiting the attendance based on today's team/position is hardly forward thinking

No team sells out cup games or mid week games. Etihad Emirates Old Trafford all half empty for certain games. It’s not a reason to skimp on the capacity though. The capacity will say everything about the club. Do they want to have the biggest stadium in Merseyside and one of the biggest in the league? If Elstone is running it expect 45k.

Cup games were just an example to be honest. It was only a couple of season ago that we were getting <30,000 for some league games.

Key Principles Document - why on earth did they delay the release of that? It's got f.a. substance in it.

Genuinely think a lot of this stuff doesn't seem new because it's things you've been talking about for ages. But it is the first time most of these points have come from the club isn't it? At the very least it shows the club have picked up on these points and/or were thinking along similar lines anyway.

Yep, ignore the outliers, build for what you generally need. Thinking about it, we've had a 61k difference between our biggest and smallest home attendances this season (23k vs Barnsley League Cup, 84k vs Real Madrid CL). lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back