Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

The likelihood is that we'll be in this stadium for upwards of 100 years - if you look at attendance trends for the past 100 years we've had peaks of nearly 80k and troughs of 15k..this is likely to happen in the future so limiting the attendance based on today's team/position is hardly forward thinking

Surely any stadium would be built with the opportunity to increase the capacity should the need arise?

Building a stadium with a set capactiy for the next 100 years (whether it be 55,000, 60,000 or 100,000) would hardly be forward thinking either?

Fair enough mate, but if you allocate a 'home end' and sit current Gwladys Street season ticket holders there to begin with, you create a space for singers/like minded fans to congregate.

Fans into the singing gradually changes as younger fans come though, others want to do something else, but fans would tend to keep the same seat. You need the freedom to move about and get together. The Gwladys Street used to be unreserved seating as it was generally 90% full, that allowed fans to group together more. It's really hard to do that now, so mates are in smaller groups and spread out, that doesn't help the atmosphere.

I think too many people don't want empty seats in case same bellend from a different team goes "haha you've got empty seats"

Fans into the singing gradually changes as younger fans come though, others want to do something else, but fans would tend to keep the same seat. You need the freedom to move about and get together. The Gwladys Street used to be unreserved seating as it was generally 90% full, that allowed fans to group together more. It's really hard to do that now, so mates are in smaller groups and spread out, that doesn't help the atmosphere.

I think too many people don't want empty seats in case same bellend from a different team goes "haha you've got empty seats"

Since when did the gwladys street sing?

Surely any stadium would be built with the opportunity to increase the capacity should the need arise?

Building a stadium with a set capactiy for the next 100 years (whether it be 55,000, 60,000 or 100,000) would hardly be forward thinking either?

I do have to remind you the same club thought a 33 year old left back to play in 4 competitions including qualifiers was more than enough for a certain position

I don't think having a half-empty stadium sorts that issue though mate. If i've got a ticket at the back of the stand with a mate and my mates are seated at the front, i'm probably just going to stay were I am arent i?

In my opinion, smaller stadiums that are full, create better atmosphere's than half empty, big stadiums.

Look at Juventus moving to a smaller capacity at Juventus Stadium, the differance between West ham at Upton Park to the London Stadium, City at Maine Road compared to the Etihad. Even Spurs at White Hart Lane when compared to Wembley.

Your site looks a bit like ours, a squeeze. Unless it's built with an unambitious capacity to start with I'd be surprised if it's built with any significant future expansion in mind. The only big stadium I can think of built/planned in recent years without site constraints is Man City's. They could potential go v big if they want . Emirates, ours, Chelsea's new ground and probably BMD are all going to be squeezed in and surrounded by other developments.

You might be able to get a few thousand more in if safe standing comes in. Hopefully that's part of the "future-proofing" mentioned in the document.

I don't think having a half-empty stadium sorts that issue though mate. If i've got a ticket at the back of the stand with a mate and my mates are seated at the front, i'm probably just going to stay were I am arent i?

In my opinion, smaller stadiums that are full, create better atmosphere's than half empty, big stadiums.

Look at Juventus moving to a smaller capacity at Juventus Stadium, the differance between West ham at Upton Park to the London Stadium, City at Maine Road compared to the Etihad. Even Spurs at White Hart Lane when compared to Wembley.

It's about ticketing though isn't it. The club can have the freedom to say sit where you like. If you're at the back and your mates are at the front you can get together. Some of the best atmospheres I've been in at Goodison were actually from really low attendances. It didn't feel empty. You'd have your popular parts were fans would group together then other parts like in the corners were empty, but they're just as quiet now filled!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back