Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Genuinely think a lot of this stuff doesn't seem new because it's things you've been talking about for ages. But it is the first time most of these points have come from the club isn't it? At the very least it shows the club have picked up on these points and/or were thinking along similar lines anyway.

Generic stuff that most people would have agreed upon a year ago.

Genuinely think a lot of this stuff doesn't seem new because it's things you've been talking about for ages. But it is the first time most of these points have come from the club isn't it? At the very least it shows the club have picked up on these points and/or were thinking along similar lines anyway.

Yep, ignore the outliers, build for what you generally need. Thinking about it, we've had a 61k difference between our biggest and smallest home attendances this season (23k vs Barnsley League Cup, 84k vs Real Madrid CL). lol
Rob, have Spurs announced the process for existing STHs choosing their seats in the new stadium yet? Is it longest holders with first dibs etc? How did it work with the move to Wembley? Ta

OR, you could look at it another way...

1.5m ÷ 19 = 78,947

LADS!!! We're gerrna get a bigger stadium than Old Trafford!!!

I reckon we should make it so that it could expand to be bigger than Old Trafford is now. Our record is 78299 ish? Old Trafford 76k or so, for me 80,000 would be my ultimate target.

Eg, Start out say 60000, if that proves too small add a tier on one side to 66000, a few years later if still all going well to 72000, then as the years go by and if it proves to be great, then add an extra 2k to each corner as and when.

We may not ever get past 66,000, or even 60000, but that doesn't matter. There was a time when Old Trafford was around the 45000 mark, I'm sure fans would've laughed then at suggesting of being able to go up to 76k.

They wont all be from outside Liverpool though. The majority will already be in the city, not vistors. Maybe they'll build a museum.

I imagine they would measure it by how many people enter the stadium. I don't agree with the measurement like but I cant see how they could come up with such a blasé figure.

Surely any stadium would be built with the opportunity to increase the capacity should the need arise?

Building a stadium with a set capactiy for the next 100 years (whether it be 55,000, 60,000 or 100,000) would hardly be forward thinking either?

I didn't suggest that the capacity was set at 60k...however the higher you start with the less likely you have to fund an increase.
Everton have already fallen behind the likes of City/WHU/Spurs/Newcastle et al in the stadium stakes ...you seem to suggest that our level should remain behind these from the onset.
If we want to reclaim anything like our status in the modern game it starts with the stadium...otherwise just accept mediocrity and go for a generic St Marys and carry on as we are

What capacity did people go for on the survey?

I went for 55,000. Was tempted to go for 60,000+ but think we'd end up with a half empty ground for cup games, when we're not playing well etc.

I went for 58,000 as a starting point. Would be good to have the potential to expand to 65,000 if we become a top 4 regular/title challenger/are regularly competing for trophies.

55K should be the very minimum and the club have been looking in the region of 60k previously, but I am slightly concerned that the potential funding obstacles /lack of info given on Capacity in recent months may mean they downgrade due to spiralling costs. Kenwright recently said 55K would be his minimum too, but there is no way it will be 50K or anything as small as that.

I didn't suggest that the capacity was set at 60k...however the higher you start with the less likely you have to fund an increase.
Everton have already fallen behind the likes of City/WHU/Spurs/Newcastle et al in the stadium stakes ...you seem to suggest that our level should remain behind these from the onset.
If we want to reclaim anything like our status in the modern game it starts with the stadium...otherwise just accept mediocrity and go for a generic St Marys and carry on as we are

Agree there, and cup games are not relevant as an indicator on what the Capacity should be. Spurs have been averaging something like 65K+ at Wembley yet only managed 23K when Barnsley played there in the Cup.

After all the club has said about being ambitious, it would have to be significantly bigger than St James Park.

I imagine they would measure it by how many people enter the stadium. I don't agree with the measurement like but I cant see how they could come up with such a blasé figure.
I doubt they were even talking about spectators. Tourists more likely. I just wondered where they got that figure from if that is the case.

It just underlines the vagueness and lack of rigour in the document. 'Principles' yes I get that it's broad brush strokes, but even on that level it's woefully inadequate. It's just a series of aspirations and the general codswallop about community.

Not suggesting that at all. The Etihad holds 55,000 and that hasn’t held them back has it?

I went for 58,000 as a starting point. Would be good to have the potential to expand to 65,000 if we become a top 4 regular/title challenger/are regularly competing for trophies.

55K should be the very minimum and the club have been looking in the region of 60k previously, but I am slightly concerned that the potential funding obstacles /lack of info given on Capacity in recent months may mean they downgrade due to spiralling costs. Kenwright recently said 55K would be his minimum too, but there is no way it will be 50K or anything as small as that.

Agree there, 55,000 should be the minimum. My thinking was 55,000 with room to grow,if the club becomes more successful.

But at the same time, I’d be wary of anything over 60,000 based on our average attendances. Empty seats, would take away from what the clubs trying to create - an intimidating, passionate, atmospheric stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back