New Everton Stadium

Luckily I never believed it in the first place, but know plenty of naive fans who were getting their panties all wet thinking we'd be in this world class stadium by the Mersey in 2019, haha. Such a shame, though. Add yet another failed stadium move to the Kenwright regime. And yet he still won't be driven out of the club.
I dont blame the fans for getting excited. I blame the club for leading them up the garden path again.

Too many broken promises...one too far for many after this. They'll never be believed again. A club with no credibility where stadium intentions are concerned.

Lads, a planning application for a project this size on the proposed site was always going to take a minimum of 18 months. There is so much involved and it takes a long time to have a full planning application ready to submit. There will no doubt be further requests for information after an application of this size is submitted.

We can only go off what the likes of Elstone have said. Last March he said the club would sort the funding over the summer months and planning application would be submitted in Q4 of 2017.

The funding is the issue here, not the planning application.

We can only go off what the likes of Elstone have said. Last March he said the club would sort the funding over the summer months and planning application would be submitted in Q4 of 2017.

The funding is the issue here, not the planning application.
He also stated that if the costs went too high they'd walk away

So with funding, cost over runs and the planning permission as a back up, that's 3 out of 3 in advance for the excuses

I'll be worried when peel start giving us the hurry up. Until then I'm remaining confident it will happen (eventually).

Really disappointed that this one is now finished. Perhaps the funding gap could have been bridged by selling Lukaku and Stones and not pissing it up the wall on the likes of Bolasie, Klaassen, Keane, Sigg, Williams and the rest of the no-hopers.

Dismal financial planning.... again.

Luckily I never believed it in the first place, but know plenty of naive fans who were getting their panties all wet thinking we'd be in this world class stadium by the Mersey in 2019, haha. Such a shame, though. Add yet another failed stadium move to the Kenwright regime. And yet he still won't be driven out of the club.

Has it been confirmed that the Stadium plans have fallen through or are you just making an assumption and passing it off as if that is what has happened?

As I mentioned the other day, at the joint Brands / Silva press conference there was no mention at all of the stadium as a factor for them joining; a stark contrast to Walsh / Koeman / Allardyce etc who mentioned it.

I would think key figures have been briefed that funding has made it impossible. Keith Harris is an absolute blagger- he's been put in place there as a willing fall guy for when the project is shuttered.

What's wrong with you people?
It is going to happen.

The boredom of the summer months has set in and therefore they have to find something else to moan about as they can't direct it at the team at the moment.

Stadium projects take time and inevitably have hurdles to overcome. It's frustrating but that's the reality. Everton could have done certain things better but the claims that it's not happening is just pure speculation.

As I mentioned the other day, at the joint Brands / Silva press conference there was no mention at all of the stadium as a factor for them joining; a stark contrast to Walsh / Koeman / Allardyce etc who mentioned it.

I would think key figures have been briefed that funding has made it impossible. Keith Harris is an absolute blagger- he's been put in place there as a willing fall guy for when the project is shuttered.

Possible that they have got Harris in to help with the delays.

When i mean help, i mean by making them longer as in the Wembley stadium project he worked on.

Like birds some of you on here, it's like you need to be re-assured every week its happening or it's off.

he's bought the land, he's started the groundwork, the council has agreed the funding

until the day they say it's off stop panicking

A deal is in place for the land. Quite a bit of the groundwork has been done but the council have not agreed funding and we have not sorted out any funding to make up the shortfall.

All we can go by is what the club says, and they told us planning permission Q4 2017 which slipped to early 2018 to Spring 2018 and now by the end of the year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back