New Everton Stadium

Peel won't be bothered, they will be paid if it gets built and will be compensated if it doesn't. They will be happy with the free advertising created by us.

I'm sure they'd rather have it built. The stadium project will kick start the regeneration of that area, so whilst, as you say, they'll make money anyway, it wony be anywhere near as much as it would have been with the stadium.

The stadium is still on course. The club are looking at various funding models and will not necessarily go with the council option - stating the obvious, but they will go with whichever is the best option for the club. Personally, I hope they DO choose the LCC option, as it will benefit the council's finances so much.

The stadium is still on course. The club are looking at various funding models and will not necessarily go with the council option - stating the obvious, but they will go with whichever is the best option for the club. Personally, I hope they DO choose the LCC option, as it will benefit the council's finances so much.

It's not on course, its 12 months behind at least from the statements made by the club in March last year.

I'm sure they'd rather have it built. The stadium project will kick start the regeneration of that area, so whilst, as you say, they'll make money anyway, it wony be anywhere near as much as it would have been with the stadium.

They would probably make more money if the stadium is not built.

This area was planned to be finished towards the end of the Liverpool waters project. The stadium is a quick win if it ever gets built.

These things take ages to get off the ground - it will happen.

We've just restructured the board and gave Keith Harris a role that is working on the new stadium project.

The fact that Peel are willing to make concessions on other areas of the development in order to come to an agreement with UNESCO, which will mean they compromise on the stadium, says it all.

These things take ages to get off the ground - it will happen.

We've just restructured the board and gave Keith Harris a role that is working on the new stadium project.

The fact that Peel are willing to make concessions on other areas of the development in order to come to an agreement with UNESCO, which will mean they compromise on the stadium, says it all.

Peel will have nothing to do with the stadium though.

Legacy project for Goodison sounds really interesting.
There's a board in place for it and there are really good plans for what they'll do with GP I think.
Lots has been done - more than you would do if you didn't think the stadium was going to happen

Could all be thrown right up in the air though if the application for the listing of Goodison park is successful.

When he lobbed the cheque at Bill this stadium was going to cost £300m and made obvious financial sense.

The total cost will now be in excess of £500m meaning the project is probably only borderline beneficial from a financial standpoint. So, Whatever assumptions he arrived with concerning funding BMD have plainly gone up in smoke. No bank is going to touch this without penal interest rates given the changes in risk profile.

The £300m figure was a bit dubious in the extreme. That'll probably get a Middlesbrough Riverside Stadium. Size and design. The early reports for £300m was for a 50,000 stadium.

I'm no expert but checking on costs of various stadiums, Arsenal's for example nearly £400m over a decade ago, we know of the NWL and the Lucas Oil Stadium was $800m a decade ago. For us to build a quality stadium £500m upwards is probably a minimum (outside London).

A lot depends on how bold the club is following the depature of Elstone. If you follow his "conservative" mantra which is clear Meis also followed, we'll be lucky to get more than 55,000 and it will not be as good as it can possibly be either. It'll get built, it might be later, but will it be the best? I'm not convinced too much talking down the ambition of the stadium in the last 12 months.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back