New Everton Stadium

News boss, same as the old boss is clearly wrong but go ahead with that if it gives you allows you to wallow in misery.

Yes our track record is poor regarding failed stadium moves, but why so jumpy this time? Did anybody employed by the club say:

"renderings will be released 'in a few weeks"
No

or

"planning will be in by xx xx xxxx."
No

This will happen, as has been said countless times, too make stakeholders involved who will make too big a profit to stop it.

Last March when it was said the coucil would act as guarantor, the club said it would finalise the financial deal in the summer and planning application would be submitted Q4 2017 and approval early in 2018.

News boss, same as the old boss is clearly wrong but go ahead with that if it gives you allows you to wallow in misery.

Yes our track record is poor regarding failed stadium moves, but why so jumpy this time? Did anybody employed by the club say:

"renderings will be released 'in a few weeks"
No

or

"planning will be in by xx xx xxxx."
No

This will happen, as has been said countless times, too make stakeholders involved who will make too big a profit to stop it.

Dan Meis said at the final BMD workshop that new renders would be released in weeks, not months. He turned to Richard Kenyon and asked if that was right and he agreed.

we haven't even got any renders pal!

I'm sure your saying that fairly tongue in cheek, but renders can be completed pretty quickly. The renders will use the same information that was seen for the consultation at St Lukes, its just all about templates. A bit of post work in Photoshop, maybe, and they're good to go. With the advancement of gaming rendering engines, much of the work can now be done on the fly. Basically, the availability of renders or otherwise, is no indication at all as to the position of the project.

I'm sure your saying that fairly tongue in cheek, but renders can be completed pretty quickly. The renders will use the same information that was seen for the consultation at St Lukes, its just all about templates. A bit of post work in Photoshop, maybe, and they're good to go. With the advancement of gaming rendering engines, much of the work can now be done on the fly. Basically, the availability of renders or otherwise, is no indication at all as to the position of the project.

True, but we all want to see them, just so we can say how Brilliant / terrible they are, if they released them today there would be another 3000 pages of people saying just that. If you look at the previous projects (the Johnson Hamper, Kings Dock and DK) they had renders very early on. I think its normal for people to want to see what they are getting.

Moshiri knew that having a new stadium was of prime importance when he bought the club and yet we are still waiting to see an architects model.If your confident good for you. Other clubs seem to manage the trick,there are clubs in the Championship who offer their support better facilities.
Moshiri is at the club for barely two years , putting together a project costing half a billion pounds with an extremely complicated financial model is not something that can be done quickly or easily.
When you say other clubs can manage, I assume you are not talking about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea who all have had delays and hold ups.

I am not sure why you reference facilities at championship clubs... we all know Goodison is outdated... hence the desire to build a new stadium.

I have no knowledge of what is happening, just giving my opinion , and that is that nothing has happened yet to indicate the project has stopped or stalled. It may well be that it won't go ahead but there is nothing definite to suggest that as yet.

I do believe the club should give some updates to supporters as it has been spoken about by the club , suggested timelines appear to be dragging and even a general statement confirming the project is alive and moving forward would be welcome.

I fear the worst on this now. The financials just don't stack up - the council will almost certainly not lend us the cash and even if they did, we would still have to find £300 million or so from elsewhere.
Discussing the colour scheme or the height of the stands is just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Moshiri is at the club for barely two years , putting together a project costing half a billion pounds with an extremely complicated financial model is not something that can be done quickly or easily.
When you say other clubs can manage, I assume you are not talking about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea who all have had delays and hold ups.

I am not sure why you reference facilities at championship clubs... we all know Goodison is outdated... hence the desire to build a new stadium.

I have no knowledge of what is happening, just giving my opinion , and that is that nothing has happened yet to indicate the project has stopped or stalled. It may well be that it won't go ahead but there is nothing definite to suggest that as yet.

I do believe the club should give some updates to supporters as it has been spoken about by the club , suggested timelines appear to be dragging and even a general statement confirming the project is alive and moving forward would be welcome.
Be nice to see a model of proposed stadium after two years.

I fear the worst on this now. The financials just don't stack up - the council will almost certainly not lend us the cash and even if they did, we would still have to find £300 million or so from elsewhere.
Discussing the colour scheme or the height of the stands is just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I thought Moshiri was supposedly making the difference up?

How do you know the finances don't stand up? Been involved in many new stadium builds, have you? Let's just wait and see.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back