New Everton Stadium

Would the club advertise the fact they’re recruiting a stadium development director or the clubs new /previous manager speak so candidly on the new stadium getting built if the club weren’t making progress?

You’re right, wonder what Samuelson is upto these days

You’re right, wonder what Samuelson is upto these days

Sat on his imaginary chest of 30 million while still trying to swot away the attacks of Kenwright* who is determined to have the money in the bank by Monday morning still.

*Think the end of King Kong. Though to be fair that would work better if it was Kenwright up there swotting away would-be investors while holding on tightly to Everton.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what's the big deal about 55,000 vs 60,000? I understand the allure of a bigger stadium, however, are gates still a major source of income for EPL teams? In American sports it's all about TV, and corporate boxes.

Is having 5k or 10,000 less seats really dooming us to the fate of a small club? Again, I get the appeal of having greater attendance. I just don't think it's really that important regarding what clubs generate in revenue going forward. Gate money is a thing of the past in terms of importance in my opinion.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what's the big deal about 55,000 vs 60,000? I understand the allure of a bigger stadium, however, are gates still a major source of income for EPL teams? In American sports it's all about TV, and corporate boxes.

Is having 5k or 10,000 less seats really dooming us to the fate of a small club? Again, I get the appeal of having greater attendance. I just don't think it's really that important regarding what clubs generate in revenue going forward. Gate money is a nothing of the past in terms of importance in my opinion.

You are correct in the cold analysis of it mate. Another 5000 seats makes little difference either way. But in the nut job analysis that exists in English football, a 60000 seater stadium has a greater kudos than a sub 60000 one. Daft, but true.

You are correct in the cold analysis of it mate. Another 5000 seats makes little difference either way. But in the nut job analysis that exists in English football, a 60000 seater stadium has a greater kudos than a sub 60000 one. Daft, but true.

I get it, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something more.

Utterly bizarre. Digs about the size of fanbase, sly dig about not being able to pay for it, lack of understanding about the deal with the council, calling Moshiri a crook. Ticking a lot of boxes here mate.

Look mate, I'm not a "kopite".
I'm a realist. I'm 40 years old this year and I've seen enough to know when something is BS. Moshiri is a crook. Big time. Mark my words, I'll be proved correct. If he was as rich as he makes out then why are the council needed for the stadium? The "deal" with the council is as fishy as they get from what I've seen so far. Nothing has changed my mind on that.

The investment on the team hasn't been great either. It was just the Lukaku money and TV money spent. None of Moshiri's.

I'll stick by my own opinions thanks. I don't care if they are not popular or people call me a kopite cos I don't toe the line.

To people who think we can't fill 50,000 ,don't forget we sell 40,000 including maybe 10,000 obstructed views. Casual fans are put off by that. We will have no problem filling 50,000 seats all of which will be unobstructed.

I hope you're right mate.
I just hope we are not left with a souless bowl. I'd rather a packed to the rafters 40K stadium (50k if safe standing is introduced), with fans right beside the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back