New Everton Stadium

I personally think the aim should be around the 60k mark,if it is going to be a problem building from scratch then adding later on would be a nightmare,if people think capacity doesnt matter then why not just build a 48k stadium in Speke or Croxteth,the location would add a good number to attendance,lots of tourists would like the chance to see PL football,if you add in other attractions around the stadium there is no reason it cant be filled,include cheap/free tickets to capture the element of fans that dont normally have the chance to attend

We are filling an antiquated stadium every week which has restricted views and the most basic facilities available. Success on the field(hopefully) and an improved match day experience could easily see our match day crowd rise to 50k within a year or two never mind 20years.

I am from Cork and follow Cork hurlers religiously. Cork GAA opened a new stadium last Autumn and I have been there already several times.(capacity about 45k ). It is clear the extra money that is being generated by this new stadium from catering, meetings etc and I believe we see people going to games there because of the improved experience, my wife being one of them.

I don't know who or what the cork hurlers are, nor do I care. However, I'm guessing they rely on gate receipts and stadium generated revenue far more than a premier team. It's a completely different finance structure.

Look mate, I'm not a "kopite".
P*ss pot throwing Annie Road Ender then!?
And what does this achieve?
Really? Is this a serious question?

How about the Club's future as a starter. As the Jesuits are prone to say...'Give me the child and I will give you the man'. We can't contemplate doing that if the Club doesn't capture them whilst young. Give youngsters a sense of belonging and 'family' and they will ensure the name of Everton continues to thrive, for their kids and their kids' children.

How about the Club's future as a starter. As the Jesuits are prone to say...'Give me the child and I will give you the man'. We can't contemplate doing that if the Club doesn't capture them whilst young. Give youngsters a sense of belonging and 'family' and they will ensure the name of Everton continues to thrive, for their kids and their kids' children.

I'm just going to stop my participation in this thread because you're off the deep end.

Thanks for replying for me. Great analogy. I honestly wonder at how stupid some Evertonians are.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. In my teens I saw the great team of the 80s and remember when we were among the 3 biggest clubs in the land (Liverpool and a well funded but failing Man U) Your posts suggest that we just accept the status quo and carry on trying our best against the teams with more resources. Spurs aren't accepting that, hence their ambitious stadium plans and excellent progress on the field of play over the last 5 years or so. Nor should Everton throw in the white towel.

Moshiri might be a fraud - you could be right - but at the moment he (and his associates) are the only hope we have got of building a new Goodison and getting back to the top. It's time we all showed a little more faith in the club and Board. If it goes tits up this time then they are fair game, but why don't we all wait and see first?

Good post.

I guess it's probably just frustration on my part. It never bothered me before about what other clubs did. But when I see the likes of City for example doing what they are doing it gets very annoying. We're a much bigger club than City historically. Investment in the club is great. But there's something not right about this fella Moshiri. I just hope he doesn't send us the way of Leeds.

You're right, time will tell. I'll not post on this thread again.

Good post.

I guess it's probably just frustration on my part. It never bothered me before about what other clubs did. But when I see the likes of City for example doing what they are doing it gets very annoying. We're a much bigger club than City historically. Investment in the club is great. But there's something not right about this fella Moshiri. I just hope he doesn't send us the way of Leeds.

You're right, time will tell. I'll not post on this thread again.
Funnily enough, I haven't posted for ages because I too have got frustrated with the perceived lack of progress and news from the club. Almost gave up checking but I bet I did every day since I last posted, especially after such an abysmal and frankly embarrassing season. However, there seem to be plenty of better informed posters on here that remain confident it will happen and that things are progressing behind the scenes. There also seems to be a consistent line that it is an opportunity too good to be missed and between LCC, Everton & Peel, they will find a way to make it happen that benefits all concerned. Lets hope they are all right and that soon we will have some positive news.

Meis sadi: "It will be hard to ever surpass the emotional connection I have to Everton and the fans there, but I would love to work with Manchester United on Old Trafford some day.
"The history of that building, having survived the destruction of WWII, and the unique global brand recognition make it truly one of a kind."

Um....

??????????????????????

Refering to Moyes.

I think the manu reference is a bit of a giveaway.

Calling @Efcjake ...

Sound logic. The guy calls people a kopite then starts referring to Jesuits and goes on some mad biblical rant about Everton.

Not sure where you're getting that idea, but I'm surprised you're not getting his point, as it's fairly simple: make it cheap and easy for lots of kids to go to the game, and hopefully they'll become lifelong fans.

Let's pretend for a moment that you are an Evertonian, and will be on here longer than a few days after you get bored...

What tends to happen when a club is considering what Capacity to have at their new ground is that they look at how ticket sales have been in recent times, and what the potential is from their fanbase as well as various other things. Given that we have been selling out our 39K Stadium for 2 seasons running now, quite often selling a further 1,200+ seats that most away clubs can't sell, that would indicate that a considerably bigger Capacity is needed than 39K. So 40K is not what will be built which you know.

Despite what a certain set of supporters like to imply, Everton are, and always have been one of the best supported clubs in the country regardless of how the team is performing on the pitch.
  • When Everton were at their height, the club achieved 78K crowds, only bettered by 3 other English clubs at an actual club ground. 17K better than what our neighbours have ever achieved.
  • Everton are in a select group of clubs that have averaged over 51K in a season. Clubs like Man City and Liverpool have only achieved this since moving/expanding their Stadium
  • When Everton were relegated, the club got an average crowd of 44K whilst in the 2nd tier of English Football.
  • Despite not winning a trophy for 23 years, and having thousands of obstructed views, our support continues to turn up week in week out with constant sell out crowds.
  • We are one of a handful of clubs that sell out almost all away allocations every season, despite only achieving 4-5 away wins at best for the majority of our seasons in the last 20+ years.
Things like meaningless Europa League games when we were already out of the competition can be used as a stick to beat us with, but this logic is easily dismissed when noting that Spurs who have been a top 4 side for a number of years now, only managed a crowd of 23K against Barnsley in the League cup yet averaged 68K in the league.

I'd be interested to hear a reasoned counter argument but I doubt you'll bother.
@scotchbutterpin you have been served

40K is what will be built. There isn't a need for 50K and above, the fanbase just isn't there no matter what way it is spun.
What needs to absolutely happen is a top, top class stadium that has everything a modern arena should have. Safe standing should be factored into the design.

Paying for it will be the issue... Moshiri is a crook, and big Joe's bid to get it on welfare isn't going to go down well with taxpayers all across the city. :rant:

Take a day off lad. You must be one of the biffs who regularly post on De Red Echo whenever the stadium is mentioned.

WHARRABOUT DER POTHOLES JOOOOEE??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back