New Everton Stadium

When it has to be all seated only for European matches, its around the same amount as the Spurs 17,500 end (maybe even a little smaller capacity?)

Interesting. Still looks considerably bigger and ‘intimidating’. I think it’s because it’s almost as steep as it is wide. And it’s slightly disconnected from the corner seats.

Personally I think it is mate. The Holte end and Kop are bloody massive and ours is slightly larger than the Kop and slightly smaller than the Holte end.

Stick one of those stands behind a goal at Goodison and trust me it would look impressive

Good point. After a quick look I’ve realised 13k is pretty damn big. Stratford end is 14.5k and that’s over 2 levels.

Apparently our ‘Goodison Road’ is 12.6k. That can’t be right can it? Or maybe that’s just the Main Stand and not including the Top Balcony.

I think this capacity debate will never end, if they’d gone for 60k there would of been complaints about it being too big and having empty seats for some games.
It’ll be interesting to see how many times 52k is full in the first 3 years to judge if it’s right sized or not.
I’m all for a better facility with a moderate capacity than oversized and a concrete/clinical feel like some grounds.

Good point. After a quick look I’ve realised 13k is pretty damn big. Stratford end is 14.5k and that’s over 2 levels.

Apparently our ‘Goodison Road’ is 12.6k. That can’t be right can it? Or maybe that’s just the Main Stand and not including the Top Balcony.

No thats right mate. Street end ( lower and upper ) is about 10.5k. Main stand side is 12.6k, bullens side is 10.6 k and park end is around 5.6k

Honestly 13k in one big stand will look boss, especially with 13k narky arsed baying for every decision ;)

I think this capacity debate will never end, if they’d gone for 60k there would of been complaints about it being too big and having empty seats for some games.
It’ll be interesting to see how many times 52k is full in the first 3 years to judge if it’s right sized or not.
I’m all for a better facility with a moderate capacity than oversized and a concrete/clinical feel like some grounds.

If we could squeeze it to 55k for starters I think that would be the magic number we could all agree on.

But if its 52k it's 52k and like you I'll be na interested spectator to see if they have that spot on.

Success on the pitch is also key so a couple of trophies and quality league placings wouldn't go amiss ;)

So there you go chuck another grand and change in the home end making it larger than the Holte end, just a tiny bit smaller than the two tier Stretford End. That'll bump the stadium up to around 56k and we'll all be happy.

The cruise terminal has recieved planning approval at Princess jetty,as part of the Liverpool waters scheme

Excuse my lack of knowledge about where that is, as I havnt driven past them docks since visiting me Nan in Crosby about 45 years ago. So, where is it, in relation to BMD?

Excuse my lack of knowledge about where that is, as I havnt driven past them docks since visiting me Nan in Crosby about 45 years ago. So, where is it, in relation to BMD?
Its about 4 miles from the proposed stadium,up toward the Pier head,so closer to the Liver building,its a very modern looking design,the way Im looking at it is that its a lot closer to what Id class as heritage sites

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back