New Everton Stadium

I accept it looks that way, depending on when you start looking. If you take a step back, even ignore its Everton, and ask yourself why did Usnamov but Moshiris Arsenal shares? Why did Moshiri rock up, out of the blue, at a football club with zero connection to, in a city that has the potential to make him and Usnamov serious cash?

All it (Liverpool Waters) needs is a statement development at the far end of it to kick it all off.

If he was here to make easy money from Everton he wouldn't have tarted up Goodison, he wouldn't have bought into the Liver building, moving the club's office there, he wouldn't have sacked Martinez or Koeman or Allardyce. He wouldn't have got a renowned stadium architect in because that is just wasting money if we don't intend to build there.

He would have picked the cheapest site (Stonebridge) to attempt to build a Kirkby style shed and bought a couple of players per year.

The naysayers are plain wrong. Now at any point that could change due to health, market conditions, fed up of general Everton curse type issues, but his actions are not of a person who is trying to make money. It would be like me going out and buying a 30k kitchen, a 20k bathroom, 15k ensuite, 10k new windows, another 10k for luxury carpets and 50k on an interior designer to make my 200k 3 bed semi sell quicker.

If he was here to make easy money from Everton he wouldn't have tarted up Goodison, he wouldn't have bought into the Liver building, moving the club's office there, he wouldn't have sacked Martinez or Koeman or Allardyce. He wouldn't have got a renowned stadium architect in because that is just wasting money if we don't intend to build there.

He would have picked the cheapest site (Stonebridge) to attempt to build a Kirkby style shed and bought a couple of players per year.

The naysayers are plain wrong. Now at any point that could change due to health, market conditions, fed up of general Everton curse type issues, but his actions are not of a person who is trying to make money. It would be like me going out and buying a 30k Kitchen, a 20k Bathroom, 15k ensuite, 10k new windows, another 10k for luxury carpets and 50k on an interior designer to make my 200k 3 bed semi sell quicker.

All fair points. He might be a foolish idiot with more money than sense. He may be on an ego trip to own a football club.

Or he may have made some big mistakes on the way to making serious money from Liverpool Waters, which only a dockside stadium will unlock.

One day I will be shown to be totally wrong perhaps. Or hopefully, not.

Great news everyone.

I have identified a fantastic 10 bedroomed gaff in Caldy, a snip at 4.5 million quid.

I've consulted all my family and friends, and they all agree that it would be perfect for me.

I'm off to the estate agents tomorrow, and with an annual salary of £30k, what can possibly go wrong?

;)
Thats easy
Have a word with Uncle Mosh he's got plenty of mates that wil sort a loan for you.
Might be in rubles or yen like...but who cares.

All fair points. He might be a foolish idiot with more money than sense. He may be on an ego trip to own a football club.

Or he may have made some big mistakes on the way to making serious money from Liverpool Waters, which only a dockside stadium will unlock.

Liverpool waters is happening with or without a stadium being built at the far end of it.

You know as well as I do, that if that statement was made, the usual suspects on here would be claiming we will muck up the PP on purpose.

In the world of GOT, the band known as "Davek and the Acolytes" may seem important and influential, but out in the real world, I doubt anyone gives a flying mis-spelt Benetton tshirt what they're typing ( or what you and I are typing for that matter ).

The bit I don't get is how Moshiri or Usmanov for that matter could make serious money from Liverpool Waters. Peel acquired the site in 2006 and nothing has really happened since. Furthermore Moshiri/Usmanov wouldn't be the ones making the big money if it finally took off that would be Peel and more specifically Whittaker.

To me it seems very contrived to make a case for USM buying Everton and trying to use it as a catalyst for a project that they don't even own. I think it is far more likely to be a case of ageing billionaires buying something to have a bit of fun with. If we are looking for comparisons then maybe Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his purchase of Leicester City as well as investing in racehorses is a better example.

Extremely rich men investing in a sport they love. Why wouldn't you.

The bit I don't get is how Moshiri or Usmanov for that matter could make serious money from Liverpool Waters. Peel acquired the site in 2006 and nothing has really happened since. Furthermore Moshiri/Usmanov wouldn't be the ones making the big money if it finally took off that would be Peel and more specifically Whittaker.

To me it seems very contrived to make a case for USM buying Everton and trying to use it as a catalyst for a project that they don't even own. I think it is far more likely to be a case of ageing billionaires buying something to have a bit of fun with. If we are looking for comparisons then maybe Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his purchase of Leicester City as well as investing in racehorses is a better example.

Peel have land.

The land value will increase when buildings are built on it, plus they can charge rent.

The people who build buildings make money that way and Peel make their money from rent.

I accept it looks that way, depending on when you start looking. If you take a step back, even ignore its Everton, and ask yourself why did Usnamov but Moshiris Arsenal shares? Why did Moshiri rock up, out of the blue, at a football club with zero connection to, in a city that has the potential to make him and Usnamov serious cash?

All it (Liverpool Waters) needs is a statement development at the far end of it to kick it all off.
It's a causal explanation, one that I'm not sure serves us too well. Too many working parts.

I dont see how a character like Usmanov would play the long game on an investment like this. And I'm not sure that Peel have ever been completely sold on it. I can accept that Moshiri would see this as a strategy worth sticking with.

It's a causal explanation, one that I'm not sure serves us too well. Too many working parts.

I dont see how a character like Usmanov would play the long game on an investment like this. And I'm not sure that Peel have ever been completely sold on it. I can accept that Moshiri would see this as a strategy worth sticking with.
I think looking at the age of both of them anything they achieve on our docklands due to the time scales will be as a legacy for their company's , no doubt passed down to their family's & children.
Its not like they are seeking their fortune in their mid forties is it.

USM just need a platform to advertise and will likely help fund some aspect of the stadium via naming rights and other things.

Regardless, it won't be impossible to find an investor - I know there were rumors of offers this summer, but a longer term deal like this is usually not THAT desirable from a banking standpoint. It's just a fundamental matching of assets and liabilities, which isn't easy over a longer term - in the US, the institution would probably have a deal in place for some of the bigger institutions to take them out and they could match up with their retail channels (pensions and insurance companies maybe). Or Everton would do a shorter term deal - that wouldn't be hard, but man, that would be expensive and risky for Mosh and the owners. Think eventually Levy went that way, but only after significant cost overruns.

I know for a fact, 100% as of about 5/6 months ago there was no funding.

That might have changed or they might now be in the early stages of financing , I don't know. But I was told a while back that they had engaged in several avenues for financial support and each time not got past the first port of call. Basically there was little or no interest.

Again, that might have changed now.

How do you finance a stadium that isn't designed? Why would anybody loan money before the plans were ready?

I think looking at the age of both of them anything they achieve on our docklands due to the time scales will be as a legacy for their company's , no doubt passed down to their family's & children.
Its not like they are seeking their fortune in their mid forties is it.
Where's the legacy if them? They wouldn't have paid for it and they'd have sold up in the short to medium term.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back