New Everton Stadium

I mean using your metric anybody who was alive during the slave trade era is guilty by association.

So thats everybody that was born from around 1700 till around the 1960s.

Does not quite explain why the yanks are attacking the Columbus statues, I mean wasn't his trip back in the 15th century?

If not for him where would the yanks be now?

Adrian's Wall does not have the same ring to it, but whatever Adrian it is. :)
Steve Biko wall sounds good. George Floyd wall. Terrible what happened to him and according to people he led the life of a saint. The 5 prison sentences he served including one for leading a. gang and putting a gun to the stomach of the female house owner was merely a blip.

Steve Biko wall sounds good. George Floyd wall. Terrible what happened to him and according to people he led the life of a saint. The 5 prison sentences he served including one for leading a. gang and putting a gun to the stomach of the female house owner was merely a blip.

Maybe not the saint he was made out to be by some, but that does not forgive the way he was cruelly and unlawfully murdered by people who were supposed to uphold the law and deserved to be arrested, prosecuted and hopefully jailed for a long, long time.

None of those examples involve Everton and its search for a new stadium as far as I'm aware.

Dont know how many times I've made this point already, but I;ll make it again: this is not a moral call Im making, it's one based on the inclusive image the club project and want (presumably) to keep.

Keep on naming this project the Bramley Moore Dock project and see how long it takes others in this new environemnt to figure out what the associations are.

My solution: let's be pragmatic and cut this feller's name out of the equation. He and his odious trade have nothing to do with us, we should in an instant drop all reference to him.

Is that ^^^ so hard to understand? Really?

Quite right my son.

Quite right my son.
Did say in my comment that it was terrible what happened to him. Murdered by a police officer who deserves everything he gets. But just saying that BLM are making out that he was a saint. He was far from that. But didn't deserve what happened to him. My own view is that the cop will be found not guilty. No police have been found guilty of any of the high profile recent cases. Hope I'm wrong like

Does it mean all those classical buildings in Liverpool which were probably funded from profits made from dubious business should be demolished to remove all traces of the past?

Attachments

• pyramtds.webp
    pyramtds.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 113
you are aware that there is a bit of a worldwide pandemic going on ?
Are you aware that we live in a world that has the technology to allow people to work remotely?

Are you aware that there are platforms that allow meetings to take place, such as Microsoft Teams, etc, that allows sharing of screens, among other useful applications?

They haven’t been furloughed and the planning department have a job to do. They need to hurry up and get a move on with the decision. Any delay that disrupts the timetable of the build will have an impact on jobs and the city’s economy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back