New Everton Stadium

He's not listed on here..

Interestingly though there is a Dave - so Dave, if it bothers you so much please change your name

1592252266424.webp

We dont need to see the club refer to the name. The People's Project website has it prominently.

Personally, I dont want the club to be asociated with a slaver - in whatever guise. That's just me though, and others might take a more relaxed view on slavery.

Liverpool as a city has huge connections with the slave trade, everywhere. What do you propose we do, move to Kirkby which never existed through those times?

I can understand that you have misgivings about the club and its running, but the club have never, to my knowledge referred to the new ground as the Bramley Moore stadium, it has always been the peoples project. Is it the peoples project at Bramley Moore Dock? Well yes, its an address, an address they don't own, never mind have the right to change the name of.

If you are that bothered lobby Peel, or even the council. If you get it changed then huge congratulations, your conviction on the matter will have truly helped facilitate change. Nowt do with the club though. A bit like saying Everton shouldn't associate itself with the City of Liverpool because of its historical links to the slave trade.

Some people just never learn do they. Page after page of folk arguing with a cat faced orange chatting it's usual bollocks.

Fools. Every last one of you.
My enjoyment of the forum has improved ten fold since putting him on ignore. A little confusing at first as threads were a little disjointed, but the overall effect is wonderful.

I used to admire his commitment to the cause, but it soon morphed into pity.

Absolutely mental.

Liverpool as a city has huge connections with the slave trade, everywhere. What do you propose we do, move to Kirkby which never existed through those times?

I can understand that you have misgivings about the club and its running, but the club have never, to my knowledge referred to the new ground as the Bramley Moore stadium, it has always been the peoples project. Is it the peoples project at Bramley Moore Dock? Well yes, its an address, an address they don't own, never mind have the right to change the name of.

If you are that bothered lobby Peel, or even the council. If you get it changed then huge congratulations, your conviction on the matter will have truly helped facilitate change. Nowt do with the club though. A bit like saying Everton shouldn't associate itself with the City of Liverpool because of its historical links to the slave trade.
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 08.48.46.webp

I'm finding the objections and calls to change the name of the dock embarrassing to be honest. In fact I'll go further and say it's an unnecessary distraction to the entire point of the movement.

Education is the key and I'll gladly defer to those with far more experience than I in this matter. Laurence Westgaph is very clear on his views that he feels changing/removing names etc is an obstacle to education. If BM was involved so be it, this city, of all cities, cannot ignore any of that past, deal with it and educate for a better society.

It wont be refereed to as Bramley-Moore, anymore than Man City's ground is called Eastlands. It will be named after a sponsorship agreement with whomever pays the most. We cant do anything about the history of the site, the best we can hope for is to educate people in the future. Maybe we could include a small museum somewhere on the site which explains the history of the dock

Bramley Moore Dock Stadium plans. The plans for a Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock. Are you suggesting that the ground is to be named Bramley Moore Dock?
Plain as a pikestaff: "Bramley Moore Dock Stadium" is the name, plan is the intention for it.

We're going round in circles, though. We dont need to reference it. At all.

Isn't that worth considering in the current climate?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back