New Everton Stadium

No. I'm saying it's being used to identify the club's scheme. That is not helpful right now, so I would ahve thought you'd be open to the club not using it anymore. Also, that would help the club with naming rights: if a deal is struck with a commercial partner, they wont want an established name for the site to compete with.

This makes sense commercially and morally. It's a no brainer.

Dave can you check out Anne Field for me asking for a friend. :)

"Where do you Live lad, I'll drop the stuff off?

"An apartment on Rodney Street"

"You can't say that, Rodney was a Slave Traders name"

"Erm, OK. I live in an apartment in Liverpool"

"Nice one, be there in 20 mins"

It is the name of a place. Seriously, if you were that bothered, you would have lobbied the Council for years over the name of the dock. I suspect though, that you were utterly clueless about the origins of the Docks name, and much less even at all bothered.

We aren't going round on circles Dave, you're going round in circles. Your chasing your own tail in order to a maintain an argument that only exists in your own head. The naming of Bramley-Moore dock has as much to do with Everton FC as any of the streets in Liverpool that are named after people associated with the slave trade, to believe otherwise is just plain daft.

Are you sure it is the right Rodney, must be loads of Rodneys in Liverpool at that time.

It doesn't have a name. The project is called the Peoples Project, the building that doesn't yet exist, doesn't have a name. This is not an uncommon practice. It has been commonly referred to as the location in which it will be built. The Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium. The only way that you can change that is to change the location or change the name of the location. You clearly have days of pent up rage inside of you, but your not fighting the right fight.

What would you prefer the Peoples Project, or the stadium at Bramley Moore Dock to be called?
Arsenal struggled to get out of the Ashburton Grove description of their stadium's site for years.

It's not by any means impossible that if the name Bramley Moore Dock is continually used as an identifier for the stadium prior to naming rights being sorted out that we are stuck with the name for years...and, as has been established beyond reasonable doubt, it's really not a name we want to be lumbered with.

It's easy to fix, so why wouldn't the club do it?

It'll be VERY interesting to see the club's next comment on the stadium scheme to see whether the name Bramley Moore is mentioned...I somehow think they might be a bit more savvy than you and will drop it quietly.

Let's see.

Stanley Park was named after Lord Stanley of Preston who was the Colonial Secretary. Have we started the witch hunt here yet and called for it to be renamed?

Have people delved into the history of George William Goodison, who gave his named to Goodison Road and our own beloved stadium, to see his sutability?

How about the Bullens Road or the Gwladys Street?
Yes. @MarcelsGoat found out he had servants...and laughably believed servants were slaves.

Arsenal struggled to get out of the Ashburton Grove description of their stadium's site for years.

It's not by any means impossible that if the name Bramley Moore Dock is continually used as an identifier for the stadium prior to naming rights being sorted out that we are stuck with the name for years...and, as has been established beyond reasonable doubt, it's really not a name we want to be lumbered with.

It'll be VERY interesting to see the club's next comment on the stadium scheme to see whether the name Bramley Moore is mentioned...I somehow think they might be a bit more savvy than you and will drop it quietly.

Let's see.

It will be VERY interesting to see what else you'll find to land at the clubs door, as if the name of a dock in the mid 1800's before the existence of the club wasn't enough.

Like I said Dave, take your days old rage and direct it at the City, or the Port authorities, because berating a football club for using an actual address to describe where something is is quite frankly ridiculous.

Let's see.

I used live not far from there and NO, they didn't struggle to get rid of the Ashburton Grove name.

You have managed to turn a good thread to 5hi7.

I was going to say, that's not what I remembered either. The Emirates name caught on pretty quickly from what I remember.

To help with their own agenda people often like to spout mistruths about something they don't really know anything about because it's often to people who are also just as unknowlegeable on the same subject.
Cos of that, they often get away with the mistruths as well.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Language
I used live not far from there and NO, they didn't struggle to get rid of the Ashburton Grove name.

You have managed to turn a good thread to 5hi7.
Just quoting here from the Arsenal Mania forum:

"Arsenal-World have done a bit of digging and apparently the new stadium sponsors are going to be Emirates, the current shirt sponsors for the Premier League referees. Performing a WHOIS lookup on Network Solutions’ website reveals the following information:

Quite why Emirates have been chosen as the sponsors will hopefully be revealed by the club when an official announcement is made, plus the amount of money offered.

I don’t know about you, but it’ll always be Ashburton Grove for me, or The Arsenal Stadium."

And from Wiki:

"The stadium name is colloquially shortened from "Emirates Stadium" to "The Emirates", although some supporters continue to use the former name "Ashburton Grove" or even "The Grove", particularly those who object to the concept of corporatesponsorship of stadium names.[65]"

5hi7 my arse.

Just quoting here from the Arsenal Mania forum:

"Arsenal-World have done a bit of digging and apparently the new stadium sponsors are going to be Emirates, the current shirt sponsors for the Premier League referees. Performing a WHOIS lookup on Network Solutions’ website reveals the following information:

Quite why Emirates have been chosen as the sponsors will hopefully be revealed by the club when an official announcement is made, plus the amount of money offered.

I don’t know about you, but it’ll always be Ashburton Grove for me, or The Arsenal Stadium."

And from Wiki:

"The stadium name is colloquially shortened from "Emirates Stadium" to "The Emirates", although some supporters continue to use the former name "Ashburton Grove" or even "The Grove", particularly those who object to the concept of corporatesponsorship of stadium names.[65]"

5hi7 my arse.
Lol wow. No one calls It Ashburton Grove now at all!!! I should know I work there. It's the Emirates end of story.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back