New Everton Stadium

It might not still. But the demand for stimulus is plain to see.

...I think that’s doing the Project a disservice. Whilst there has to be an advantage in demand to push through major developments, I don’t think it’s a defining aspect in this going ahead. It seems to me an extremely sound Project built on a robust business case and benefits realisation package.

When you see members of the City Planning Committee heaping unreserved praise (including LFC supporters) on the package the club has put together, I think it’s wrong to detract from the work that’s been done.

...I think that’s doing the Project a disservice. Whilst there has to be an advantage in demand to push through major developments, I don’t think it’s a defining aspect in this going ahead. It seems to me an extremely sound Project built on a robust business case and benefits realisation package.

When you see members of the City Planning Committee heaping unreserved praise (including LFC supporters) on the package the club has put together, I think it’s wrong to detract from the work that’s been done.
All planning applications would say they have that. Those that get through, though, will fit the agenda of those in power.

All planning applications would say they have that. Those that get through, though, will fit the agenda of those in power.

....lets not forget the size of this application, it’s not a house extension. The scope is so great, yet the case was so thorough those being questioned by the Committee were able to respond regardless of the area of concern. You might describe the Councillors as ‘those in power’ but I expect many don’t have an agenda to rule, are from ordinary backgrounds and have the well being of the area genuinely as their remit.

Hopefully we’ll see it fitting the agenda of those in power now it’s being assessed by central government.

....lets not forget the size of this application, it’s not a house extension. The scope is so great, yet the case was so thorough those being questioned by the Committee were able to respond regardless of the area of concern. You might describe the Councillors as ‘those in power’ but I expect many don’t have an agenda to rule, are from ordinary backgrounds and have the well being of the area genuinely as their remit.

Hopefully we’ll see it fitting the agenda of those in power now it’s being assessed by central government.
It's been a thorough application and the consultation was peerless.

However, if it isn't required, it isn't required. This one is, and I doubt the objections will stand much chance. But you never know. This is Everton.

From a quick google and speed read on this, I think the Gov had already approved it at the central level, but further complaints and new information, as well as substantial cross party political pressure has forced them to backtrack and call it in.

Id hope any opposition to BM is nothing like the opposition for the coal mine.
and international pressure from climate change gum bumpers. I'm not sure the WHS status is on the same level

Did it include the development plans for GP?

It's been a thorough application and the consultation was peerless.

However, if it isn't required, it isn't required. This one is, and I doubt the objections will stand much chance. But you never know. This is Everton.
still not answered my challenge... typical. Nothing to see here you are just stirring the pot.

The principle of granting a public inquiry due to it being deemed an issue beyond the local is relevant, given the WHS of the site.

Also, it shows what a flip flopper Jenrick is.

Impressive Dave, you’ve managed to put doubt into the BMD planning, by using a completely non related red herring and having a go at the conservatives at the same time...although I can’t give you full marks because you didn’t mention Brexit......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back