New Everton Stadium

what?? The investigation proceeds the development, has pointed out previously this was instigated by the CEX of the council.

The government auditor has been LCC for the last 6 months, looking into irregularities in highways (Liverpool construction company) planning (nasty Nick and his back handers). Kenwright and Elliot have no involvement in BMD.
It must be having some impact on it though. I doubt the stadium decision can be looked at in a vacuum when all contracts are under investigation and characters under investigation have played an instrumental part in bringing it to a planning application.

It must be having some impact on it though. I doubt the stadium decision can be looked at in a vacuum when all contracts are under investigation and characters under investigation have played an instrumental part in bringing it to a planning application.
Not all contracts are under investigation.

Why is the same company dealing with all the major roadworks in the city, why are the some developers getting approval for developments, why are other developers being given LCC buildings.

Not all contracts are under investigation.

Why is the same company dealing with all the major roadworks in the city, why are the some developers getting approval for developments, why are other developers being given LCC buildings.
In that climate, I cant see any major decision green lighted anytime soon.

Jenrick is involved because of his ministerial position, his department has control over both issues.

Ask yourself this, why would Everton football club, after spending millions, openly submit planning applications during the midst of a government audit if they were aware of irregularities in the process
I think the club have been impecable throughout the whole process even above and beyond whats needed , every base and scenafio covered right up to LCC planning decision ,which obviously was out of the clubs hands.

I hope you are right and the government rubber stamps BMD because of all the benefits everyone can see.
But i still have the nagging thought this same planning dept will be brought into question if they are the same that gave permission to the projects & deals that are under investigation.

I hope my doubts are wrong ,but the Tories and LCC are never friends at the best of times.
But

the alternative viewpoint is that this was a well run project, the Tories can see it as a win by prioritising the checks on it to get it started asap.

Wouldn't put it past the Tories to try take credit for it being passed through.

It'll certainly happen just a case of how long this Jenrick is going to spend analysing the plans considering it'll be 4 weeks come Wed.

You would hope by end of April it will be granted and work can begin.

I know we've had some dodgy villains and goings on in our local council for decades, wherever money is involved, but does any one seriously trust THIS government to do things in a more fair and less corrupt way up here by taking over council affairs?

Its like asking Jimmy Saville, Max Clifford and Rolf Harris to run operation yewtree.

Don’t be too quick to dismiss council involvement in the funding of this. It doesn’t have to be direct.
Also, there’s a clause stating that if the club decide to back out, they don’t have to pay LOR for the work already undertaken who are already into this for millions and haven’t been paid a penny so far.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back