New Everton Stadium

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.
Coiln Chong is overseeing the build... Can't see how he'd been involved in any sort of "dodgy dealings" he's been employed by club to do this. Kopites are making stuff up and lashing his name in the mix.

Coiln Chong is overseeing the build... Can't see how he'd been involved in any sort of "dodgy dealings" he's been employed by club to do this. Kopites are making stuff up and lashing his name in the mix.

I sincerely hope you are right.
I’m sure all will be revealed in the coming weeks.

I am concerned though.

I sincerely hope you are right.
I’m sure all will be revealed in the coming weeks.

I am concerned though.
Absolutely nothing is straight forward with us. This stuff with Chong being implicated by the way is the biggest load of Kopite horse crap. He's was employed by the club when the Park end was built and he did such a good job he was the no1 candidate when his project came up. He'd have nothing to do with Anderson and his cronies.

One thing I will say, if by any chance Anderson's involvement in this all causes this project to fall apart, he literally can't live in the city anymore. He won't be able to walk down the street without getting lambasted. Also the amount of money already poured into personally by Moshiri would make a catastrophe for him as well.

Really wouldn't want to be Anderson's shoes right now.

One of the major benefactors of Joe honey pot was King Contractors, they where the ones dragging out the road works on Great Howard, literally round the corner from where I work. It's not just them though...Laurence Kenwright, Flanagan group and Elliot group have all been buying land at knocked down prices for years. Our council has been bought and Paid for since Warren Bradley,this didn't start with Labour. Ive worked with all of the above I can tell you now they're all implicated. If they government digs deep enough they'll find something they're not happy with.
The notion of this government prosecuting anyone for corrupt business practices is completely laughable.

Only in your head Dave.
You can’t see a multi billion pound development starting when the entire country needs to get money moving through economy???

ok David

The notion that this stadium plan gets a go ahead in the near, or even medium term, future is preposterous.

Anderson has been a key player to the project and is under investigation for corruption. How on earth are people believing that the stadium decision is going to be given any time soon when everything Anderson and those he seconded to the BMD scheme to work with Everton touched is being gone over with a fine tooth comb?

But they'd certain love opportunity to do to a Labour ran Liverpool City Council... Make no mistake Joe Anderson has gave them this opportunity!
Oh yeah, Ilm not saying they wont. They will if they get the chance. But their own record in stuffing billions in the pockets of themselves and their mates for PPE and testing regimes dwarfs the millions of quid's worth of cronyism going on here.

Not for years he hasnt. In fact, he has never been "key", other than being a figurehead, early days, to show the wider world LCC were behind the wider development.

For wider world, read folk with lots of reasons to get involved.
He was fronting the council publicity backing for the scheme. And he seconded people from his cabinet to work with Chong.

He's left an imprint on the project. That will need to be looked at. Closely. And time is our enemy.

If you're UNESCO and Historic England at this point, you're are grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back