New Everton Stadium

I think they will be looking at,the roadwork contracts,the constant half built before bankruptcy schemes,and a few other very dodgy contract signings,the stadium consultation has been done above and beyond with no real help or imput from the council
One of the major benefactors of Joe honey pot was King Contractors, they where the ones dragging out the road works on Great Howard, literally round the corner from where I work. It's not just them though...Laurence Kenwright, Flanagan group and Elliot group have all been buying land at knocked down prices for years. Our council has been bought and Paid for since Warren Bradley,this didn't start with Labour. Ive worked with all of the above I can tell you now they're all implicated. If they government digs deep enough they'll find something they're not happy with.

He means mooted, but since it’s made up out of the clear blue sky, take your pick.

Mate, I just posted something I had been sent and thought I’d post it on here to flesh it out a bit.

I didn’t make it up. I’d usually ignore stuff like this myself but with the news coming out last night I put two and two together.

It may well be rubbish and I certainly hope so, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are implicated in this some way.

Thank christ we never took up joe's offer of a loan...
This.
It’s absolutely disgusting what’s gone on this council for the last 15 years; from David Henshaw and the BT fiasco to Ged Fitzgerald and Rotherham child abuse scandal all the way through to this

Systematic bullying and power runs rife through the council. If you were in the circle you were fine, tried to challenge the top boys and your were done for
One of the 'joys' of being a more or less impregnable Labour voter stronghold...anybody nominated to run on the party ticket gets in

Mate, I just posted something I had been sent and thought I’d post it on here to flesh it out a bit.

I didn’t make it up. I’d usually ignore stuff like this myself but with the news coming out last night I put two and two together.

It may well be rubbish and I certainly hope so, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are implicated in this some way.
I’m not saying YOU made it up.... necessarily

Nature really does abhor a vacuum doesn't it. From what I have read the Inspector's report hasn't been published yet, so the stories in the press must be based on a leak or speculation. As this is a best value inspection I expect it to be focused on the tendering process, and the Council does have some discretion to accept less than optimal valuations for land or property assets if they think there will be a wider community benefit - I have been involved in that type of project myself. It remains to be seen whether any dodgy dealings can be proven in this instance, so let's not jump the gun. For me this has echoes of the Preston Docks episode in the mid-eighties where bribery and fraud were alleged but did not subsequently lead to any charges or convictions. Personally I don't see why this should have any bearing upon BMD unless there is some transfer of public assets involved.

I think the club have been impecable throughout the whole process even above and beyond whats needed , every base and scenafio covered right up to LCC planning decision ,which obviously was out of the clubs hands.

I hope you are right and the government rubber stamps BMD because of all the benefits everyone can see.
But i still have the nagging thought this same planning dept will be brought into question if they are the same that gave permission to the projects & deals that are under investigation.

I hope my doubts are wrong ,but the Tories and LCC are never friends at the best of times.
But
The planning department and highways are going to be absolutely brutalised once all this comes out. But, and it’s a massive but, it’s based solely and some very very dodgy relationships that have been built within the city region.

There are still large developments that have gone on which haven’t been near these brown envelope cretins

I believe the club have been meticulous with this project so i've no doubts at all.

On the other hand
I wouldnt put anything past any Conservative government or this Council , they both lurch from one botch up to another and look to place the blame anywhere but their own doorsteps.

The quicker this is signed off & distanced from this investigation the better.

The planning department and highways are going to be absolutely brutalised once all this comes out. But, and it’s a massive but, it’s based solely and some very very dodgy relationships that have been built within the city region.

There are still large developments that have gone on which haven’t been near these brown envelope cretins.

This is the kind of thing which really pisses me off, fueled by individual greed and for which we the ordinary folk ultimately have to pay for.

If any of this affects our new stadium and comes out, I hope the club goes after him.

I believe the club have been meticulous with this project so i've no doubts at all.

On the other hand
I wouldnt put anything past any Conservative government or this Council , they both lurch from one botch up to another and look to place the blame anywhere but their own doorsteps.

The quicker this is signed off & distanced from this investigation the better.
It will be a bit rich if Jenrick & Co are seen to be the arbiters of good practice and best value in tendering processes, and does have the whiff of "playing politics" as Boris might say.

It will be a bit rich if Jenrick & Co are seen to be the arbiters of good practice and best value in tendering processes, and does have the whiff of "playing politics" as Boris might say.
Going by his history regarding planning applications , for Jenrick its like putting a Fox in charge of a chicken coop.
Not to be trusted that man.

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Nature really does abhor a vacuum doesn't it. From what I have read the Inspector's report hasn't been published yet, so the stories in the press must be based on a leak or speculation. As this is a best value inspection I expect it to be focused on the tendering process, and the Council does have some discretion to accept less than optimal valuations for land or property assets if they think there will be a wider community benefit - I have been involved in that type of project myself. It remains to be seen whether any dodgy dealings can be proven in this instance, so let's not jump the gun. For me this has echoes of the Preston Docks episode in the mid-eighties where bribery and fraud were alleged but did not subsequently lead to any charges or convictions. Personally I don't see why this should have any bearing upon BMD unless there is some transfer of public assets involved.
We got the land off Peel not the council.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back